• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Open Water 2006 Reports Part II

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes: Looks like a go for tonight but hope for a little wind. Flat as a mirror this am with the shore very icy. Tim: A report from Hendo , the backset on Delta near the AOK is locked up. What is your scouting report?DC where are you? MIA or what! grin.gif

Took a ride to the manor and picked up a few more challengers as I had a couple empty slots in my box. Schniebels is iced over past the bridge to the main lake and snug harbor is covered too. Still room to fish under the bridge.The manor is having a day full of seminars this coming sat. Unsure as to who is doing them but on many icefishing topics. Vex,jigging,tip-ups,etc. 9-5 if anyone cares.You can register to win a Frabill shanty too.

Well boys I am gonna try to get outta here between 3 and 3:30 which will put me at the bar around 4:15-4:45 the winds will be stronger during the day and then drop down to 6-10mph this evening so maybe the stonger daytime winds will bring the fish in earlier. Either way i plan on hanging out for at least 3 hours if i dont start freezing too death c ya guys there.

Well it was like a dead sea tonight @ the bar. A lot of traffic but didn't see any fish caught.7 on the point at 430 and 8 around the marina. 4 off the manor in waders,brrrrr and a couple of the point. Fished with Mike,CNY Tim and Fishingking. Oh well i did manage to catch a couple icebergs. frown.gif It is the first time I've been skunked this year. I told Mike to leave a few for seed.Oh well with a little rain coming Im sure there will be a little wind too.

I smell a skunk grin.gif It happens and no wind will definitely not help you, minnows were milling about and every now and then something would chase but the bar early was dead on arrival.

All you ice guys check out the main ice fishing forum Jim Hudson found a nice little Lake X, massive sized crappies, and some fat perch and stout gills.

North Shore - Not MIA, just licking my wounds. Work x-mas party last night. Closed the bar at 3 then some breakfast then yard work. Never really slept at all.

Today dad and I took the boat down the river and fished 2 till dark, picked up 7 nice eyes 15-20 inchers...

You know Jay, with you, "yard work" takes on a new meaning . . . Guess I did not miss anything last night. Hunted all day and as usual was in the wrong spot or the right spot at the wrong time . . .just my year I guess. Everyone had shots except your truly. One down for the crew.

Well done Dark Cloud and Tank! I'd take that river action that's for sure. Big Johnny Ice and I were talking this morning he still want's to come out and long rod for the eyes here but will have to wait for a wind at least...

Lee - If there is no west wind your not going to catch them 90% of the time or any chop regardless of wind direction. Was there any wind? North Shore and I are planning a Wednesday run if your interested.

Lee - Try this --- Trifecta

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=922151&page=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I finally got out fishing for the first time in over a week and took the Lund out for two hours of trolling last night and did OK. Beautiful night out, nice and calm and pretty warm, never needed gloves. Hooked up twice, lost the first fish about an 18"er near the boat and then made up for it with this 24" 5.3lber a little while later.

IMG_1201.jpg

My brother was fishng from shore at the Susquehanna river last night at one of our old spots in Endicott and he whacked 6 walleyes from 4:15 to 5:15pm that ranged from 18" to a super fat 26" PIG that weighed in at about 7lbs cool.gif It's funny how the walleyes were feeding pretty good in different parts of the same state almost 3 hours apart. Surface temps at the lake I was on were anywhere from 37 to 40. The hot bait of the night for both my bro and myself were the good ole floating 5" Super Rouges. With these cold water temps I need to troll at about .9mph to 1mph to get bit but when they bite, they SLAM it! ooo.gif Heading back out tonight for some more. I just hope the ice stays aways for another week or two so I can keep working over these fish.

Thanks Timmy. The lakes here aren't the same fast and furious walleye action like Oneida but it's pretty good. The average for my night trolling seems to be about one fish per hour at the lake I was on last night. I would think if you took the boat out on Oneida right now and flatlined Rogues you could absolutely slaughter em. I think this Sunday I might change up the pace a little and hit up the big lakers at Otsego with Robb and maybe get a bonus salmon or brown. The walleyes fight good but nothing like a 10lb laker or a 5lb brown ooo.gif

Hit the bar tonight after a call from Tim and it was non-stop action until we left. Fished with Hendo,CNY Outdoorsman, The Rogue Kid and Tim. The frenzy was a good one as was the challenger series. Had a good time just CATCHING fish. A great time was had by all. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifProbably caught 40-50 fish in a couple hrs. The big fish award was 26" going to North Shore. cool.gif

Here's my report... Pig after pig after mother loving pig. I banged close to 15 fish in a 2 hour stretch. I was literally laying in walleyes. Thanks to Frank for the call wink.gif We jumped in the cars and made the run... North Shore, Hendo, Roque Kid and CNY Outdoorsman and what can I say the pictures tell it all we all got our limits in under two hours. Franky was right on with the Frenzy. My first two casts with it I nailed a couple of 20"s with the black and silver before I lost it frown.gif and caught a dandy 24" with the fire tiger frenzy but North Shore had the big fish on a challenger minnow naturally it was a nice deep 25" with a solid 6" side measurement. A great night to be out with the gang and we missed you Big Johnny and the rest of you guys. What a ball! Thanks to frank again for holding the point till we got there. You may not be getting a deer this season but you have walleye tenacity wink.gif Thanks brother!

Me laying down in front of a few with the 24" I caught taped out.

1000327zc8.jpg

A nice pile...

1000325bu5.jpg

Hendo, CNY Tim and North Shore - Having fun at the bar grin.gif

1000323bm2.jpg

NorthShore with a very plump 25". Way to Greg!

1000328br4.jpg

Not a problem Tim . . .I think my hooking 23 is cause enough to call in the infantry. Actually it was a pleasure to share the wealth. If I had driven myself, I would have stuck around to get to know Hendo, CNY Outdoorsman, The Rogue Kid and North Shore better than just a posting on this site. Maybe even be in one of these pictures without ice all around me! Wind was perfect last night and where I put you Tim and told you to cast, the waldos were lying on the back side of the point extension waiting for an easy meal to come over the top. I actually caught most of mine holding the rod down to get the lure deeper and bumping off the rocks and weeds. How did Lek end up . . . she was a riot last night.

Wow guys WTG, I guess they were really biting there cool.gif I'm speechless and that's a really impressive pile o' eyes ya'll got there ooo.gif There was a little chop on the lake I was on last night and I was thinking that the fishing might be pretty good! I trolled for three hours and hooked three fish and landed these two a 21" and a 23". The fishing was the usual average with one per hour!

IMG_1217.jpg