• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Open Water 2006 Reports Part II

BJ . . .knew there was something off kilter about you tongue.gif OK the report. Wind out of the S . . .not the best direction but at least not dead calm. Kyle and I at the bar at (finally) 4:45 . . .one bump, one fish and out of there by 6 to go home and make dinner (my turn). The boys, Don, Joe and Jan stayed. Called at 8 to check on them and (of course) they were IN THE BAR!! They had their limit of chicken wings and beer and said that Mike had called and said they had turned on and he was leaving after catching 5. Hard to sit at home with that kind of incentive, so joined the boys about 45 minutes later. 4 guys on the right and the boys on the left . . .decided to go to the right since I at least have been getting hits over there. The 4 guys eventually left with 1 fish between the 4 of them and I left with my limit and added 2 to Don's single. Jan had 2 and I don't know how Joe made out but maybe 1 also. My last fish I threw back as it was under 15. So I guess I was actively fishing for about an hour and a half. Black and siver Frenzy again.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BJI - Hey man that's some serious organization. I wish the eyes were organized last night but they weren't. Gave the old lake a late night knocking and dnada fished all 3 locations for 2.5 hours and when the rain started coming down dat was dat. Nice 40 degree night frown.gif I am officially ready for ice, bring it on....

You have lost the touch Tim. Funny hits last night . . . barely a tick, at least that is how mine were, except once again I had the biggest about 22 hit the Fenzy on a very fast retrieve as a was going to make a quick cast.

Franky that wasn't it, didn't get down there till 1 a.m. and the bridge and Schneibles were dead too. Winds were like 10 out of the south and they were starting to turn south west as I left. At the bar I only fished the little rock and the preachers box, figured they weren't going to be on the left if I couldn't hit em on the right so I went to schnibs and fished with a guy there, and then to bridge area and that was completely vacant of fish and fisherman, even got to fish the southwest corner which is even a rarety these days to not find it occupied. When I leave that late to fish it's generally been because I trimmed the hedges and couldn't get back to sleep grin.gif

Well boys put the ice gear back in storage and keep those open water Walleye slaying rods out and get the boats back out

"There will be no Fishable ice this year" confused.gifconfused.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gifconfused.giffrown.gifconfused.gif

extended forcast for Syracuse NY

the highs for Dec14-19th are not looking good even the lows are above freezing

Thursday, Dec 7

Low: 16 °F

High: 38 °F

Friday, Dec 8

Low: 24 °F

High: 28 °F

Saturday, Dec 9

Low: 25 °F

High: 37 °F

Sunday, Dec 10

Low: 28 °F

High: 42 °F

Monday, Dec 11

Low: 32 °F

High: 43 °F

Tuesday, Dec 12

Low: 35 °F

High: 46 °F

Wednesday, Dec 13

Low: 33 °F

High: 37 °F

Thursday, Dec 14

Low: 31 °F

High: 44 °F

Friday, Dec 15

Low: 29 °F

High: 43 °F

Saturday, Dec 16

Low: 33 °F

High: 46 °F

Sunday, Dec 17

Low: 34 °F

High: 49 °F

Monday, Dec 18

Low: 35 °F

High: 50 °F

Tuesday, Dec 19

Low: 31 °F

High: 48 °F

Wednesday, Dec 20

Low: 26 °F

High: 42 °F

Thursday, Dec 21

Low: 22 °F

High: 38 °F

Obviously this will change again before it gets here hopefully to colder. But if they are forcasting 50 degree highs now then you know the actual weather (no matter how many times they change it) will probably not be below freezing for highs

FK- That's a dismal forecast the way things are going it looks like North Shore can wait a couple of weeks to put the spike order in. Frank and you are right will just have to stick it to the eyes to take out the frustration of lack of ice. I just gotta get my butt down earlier to take advantage of the whacking by hand grin.gif

Quote:

Insurance Guy,

Those X-Raps are working great for us right now at Lake X as well as for you I see. Yeah, I guess that I have some of them. Here are the 21 that I take with me in one of my "boxes". Call me a freak, but I like to keep them in their original boxes nice n coozy so they don't get tangled up with the others. Then, I label the sides so I can quickly find and grap the color of choice.
grin.gif
Plus, I have an extra two of each color just in case I loose some in the years to come. Lets just say I got a good deal on
hsolist

Dang, that's more X-raps than Cabela's has in their warehouse wink.gif You should look into the Falcon Tackle boxes that Bass Pro sells. They have a specific jerkbait box that keeps all your lures seperated and you can put 14 in a box so they don't touch each other or get tangled. I'll post a pic of it and that might help you "compact" your collection a little into a smaller space. As far as warmer weather coming that's fine by me. My Lund is sitting in the garage and ready to roll at a moment's notice. By next week I'll have my house projects done and I'll be able to start seriously walleye fishing again if the boat launch doesn't freeze first crazy.gif

Im back after a great trip. Theres no hedges left and im worn out. We headed up through wine country hitting a few winerys and checking out the sights, then over to Neils to turn the heat on. Then we went to Grazianos over in canastota - not spectacular but not bad. We stoped by the bar to see you guys but it was 6:30 and you were all done early. Shes definatly the type of gal that would sit in the car while I made some casts as long as I made it up later to her... In the morning we drive down to the beach and took this neat picture. And heres a cool picture of Toughkannock falls, you cant get a feeling for how big it is but the ice build-up was neat...

Timmy - I was thinking of you and laughing when I started cramping up in the fourth quarter and then pulled a hamstring in the third overtime....

dsc00590xv4.jpg

dsc00586ig1.jpg

Quote:

Im back after a great trip. Theres no hedges left and im worn out. Timmy - I was thinking of you and laughing when I started cramping up in the fourth quarter and then pulled a hamstring in the third overtime....

Now that's some gardening. grin.gif I'm not gonna need it for a month after reading that. grin.giflaugh.gifgrin.gif Nice pictures Jay and I can't wait to meet the home owner grin.gif

Quote:

Tim and Jay . . .does that mean you guys have green thumbs??

Frank, I almost fell of my chair laughing--nice one grin.gifgrin.gif

Jay, those are some awesome pics..if you need any tips on a diamond ring, let me know..I have a couple connections even though it was 4 1/2 years ago I got one for my girlfriend at the time cool.gif

I am planning on doing some search and catching this Saturday night for some pig eyes. Thinking of some spots over this way and I think I have a few up my sleeve.

Green Thumbs Heck - Jay is working with Miracle-Gro grin.gif He barely had strength to talk to me and Franky on the speaker phone today. Multiple - What???? Jay you got a monster on your hands grin.gif

Well I'm gonna punish myself and head down to the club to watch the Steelers beat the dump out of my beloved Browns. Took a beating last night on the water might as well take it on the football field too. smirk.gif On a fishing note I got my diamond jigs today and my little atom order and Dark Clouds right about the bug luggage that's the cats bass in jig carrying options. Rosa wasn't even mad must be because of the peers she had at the Xmas Party... Yeah baby!

Good luck Franky and North Shore if you make it down...

Stopped by and checked out Schnielbles and the bar and was vacant probably due to the heavy wind and now heavy snow. frown.gif May venture out a bit later and hit the bar and under the bridge. Tim: Glad you left a few for seed. grin.gifOh you had a off night did ya. And you thought that I was there and cleaned out. Not me.My son Michael had the pleasure of cooking and serving a luncheon for 9 Pearl Harbor survivors and their families today at the Camden American Legion. What a honor to do this as we have been involved in the luncheon for 6 years now.He was delighted to handle the duty. smile.gifLooks like a warm up so this eye slaughter will be able to continue. Sure is nice being close to the lake. tongue.gifTim: Don't forget the 15th. Have you ever cooked aligator. Got some to try.

I thought about going but went over to Don's to help him put together a new surround sound. He got the speakers hooked and then I picked up the rest. Those (Contact Us Please) engineers left out some of the instructions, but somehow I figured it out and we got to listen and watch the Cable Guy!!! Seemed like he was talking alot about Jay and his landscaping and Tim planting a garden . . .by hand of course. grin.gif

Quote:

Well I'm gonna punish myself and head down to the club to watch the Steelers beat the
dump
out of my beloved Browns.

Timmy, sorry man......that was old school Steelers, right Jay?

We gave up 18 yds rushing yds and we had 300+. smirk.gif

Yep old school bass woopin was right. I think I stared more out the window watching our lake effect snow fall than watching the game, we picked up 3" of the fluffy stuff here. Talked to Tank last night and one of his ice testers was out yesterday and whatever little ice that was made the last couple of days was blown off by winds, but it got pretty cold last night... All I want for Christmas is ice laugh.gif

North Shore - Joe Dale just dropped off 6 more Challengers to me 034's, T13's and T14's, yeah baby...

BigJohnny - Any more talk about diamond rings and your in jepordy of getting hit by the "pain train", lol. I have one from the last "serious" relationship anyways.... I didnt get to see the game but dad said the browns run defense and the browns overall offense looked great...

I would like to thank Bill Cowher for leaving Braylon Edwards uncovered for the Browns only touchdown of the night. It wasn't our quarterback that was the problem it was the browns whom can't catch in cold weather when the ball is right in there hands, Northcutt had 6 drops alone and Edwards and Winslow contributed to that as well. Jurevicious was the only bright spot along with our punter. Pathetic is all I can say.. Thank Christ were not playing till a week from Sunday or I would have to show up with some depends undergarments grin.gif because these stains and skids are starting to add up grin.gifsmile.giffrown.gif

Checked the area out tonight and found 2 car under the canal bridge and no one fishing.Was that you Jay!!!!!!!!!!! blush.gifIts a hot spot for late night rendevous. It is. Schniebles was iced over and the bar was vacant. The lower bar that is.Heavy winds here with some snow.No fishing tomorrow nite as I have my co Xmas party.Fishing again sun evening! grin.gif

LOL . . .Jay and his new landscaping spot under the bridge!! Sounds like Sunday is a popular night to go . . .the boys were talking the same . . . especially with the weather supposed to warm up. I'll be hunting all day and will depend upon how the legs want to cooperate later . . .to cramp or not to cramp . . .that is the question!!

Some loving under the bridge...sound like a new country song. Way to go Jay!!!

I just got home from 3 hours at Lake X with nothing caught. I had two bumps and that was it. I thought it was going to be a good wind for the area we fished, but I guess I was wrong. Tried X-Raps, Challengers, and plastics, but nothing worked. It might be getting late in the year for this type of fishing on this particular lake, so I maybe heading out to Oneida (if the wife lets me) to cast my long pole one more time before I put it away. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif