• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Open Water 2006 Reports Part II

Had a call from CNY Frank as to the weather conditions here in the beach.Met him at the bar at 640 and he was well on his way to a quick limit. The perch colored Frankie grin.gifgrin.gifwas hot for him and I did ok on the black-n-silver we'll call it Frankie. It was the hot lure of the night. Tried the challenger both big and small but had to switch up to catch fish. Lost one on the culvert pipe and one when I was casting and tangled up with Ontario Dave.GRRRRR. Only one left in the box so I decided to make it work. Picked up my second fish at 730.Decide to depart when Frank left. Spend some time with the Mrs.The lake was a bit choppy when we got there but was calming down when we departed.With the cold temps on there way it may frown.giffrown.gifbe our last open water trip for the month of January. Yeah right. smile.gif

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fished lastnight from 8pm until 11:45 and caught 2 fish in 5 cast and decided to catch and release after that. Here is the best part and I know some of you will think I'm talking dump but I managed to land 31 walleyes after that. I couldn't believe it myself. Almost every cast I had a fish on. The shad were in heavy and they were dieing and the walleyes were just sucking them off the surface like it was a buffet. I could have kept fishing but my hands and back were hurting so bad I had to leave and I ended my night with a 28", I was going to keep her but I slipped her back in the water and was just happy to have a great night. Was going to go back tonight but had v-ball and was to sweaty and decided to do the family night.

Good job Lee . . . hope the spot continues to pan out for a little while more. Greg and I did a quick turn tonight. Me because I am a 24 fan. I think Greg and I could have had a pretty good night if we stayed longer, but an hour was good enough. Don't want to warm the water up anymore than it is!! However, that being said . . .Greg, expect a call from me tomorrow . . .LOL! Was really disappointed in all the new people fishing at the spot . . tire ruts all over the place . . .guess they want to close our spot down too like they did at Marion Manor!

Franky and Greg appreciated the call, Got there at 10:30 p.m. an started with the floating perch frenzy and just one light tap so I looked in the tackle box and found the fire tiger suspending and put that on 10 casts 6 fish left of the preacher area. Went over to North Shores after and then the Rogue Kid, CNY Outdoorsman, Don and Jackies little brother came down and we fished tll 3 a.m., I didn't hit em as good as Lee but 26 walleyes for a night isn't bad and Dark Cloud's spot was very good as well.

hit the water around 1145 or so with cny tim, cny outdoorsman, my uncle, and my girlfriends brother. picked up 3 quick on a black and silver frenzy. managed to watch timmie hit em pretty good but he was the only one wiht the hot lure tonight... o well the freezer is gonna fill out nicely after tonight... between the old man and all of us tonight we finished with a good mess.

here is my gf's brother with a nice 19.5

alex1-15-07.jpg

all in all a pretty good night...

WOW guys. shocked.gif Holy smokes, that's a great looking pile of eyes you boys rounded up there wink.gif My boat's away for the winter and next weekend we're icefishing but I hope you fellas can still get out there maybe tonight and get some more before winter finally arrives. Great job!!

insurance guy - Frank should be hitting the water with a Frenzy right about, NOW... grin.gif

Discretion boys just a little discretion. Granted there were only two people there it makes it easy pickings for lurkers and late night escapades. It's almost impossible to fish the bar early now granted I know it has a lot to do with the manor shutting down but Frank and Tank are right. And just to show I'm a fair guy mine are going too. But post all the Carp picks you want by all means wink.gif

You were off by an hour but the first cast found out that somehow I really do have a small crack in my lure that made it sink and it was running right on the bottom. Changed to a SS blue F and in about 15 minutes had my limit plus lost one. About 6 others there in the rain but saw no one else land a fish. In the parking lot one person was leaving from the elbow side and she had her limit and was happy as could be. Her husband was next to me on the point and was just grumbling to her as they got in the car. Since it was still early I took North Shore up on his gracious offer to stop by for a beer after I had my limit. I got to his house around 7:10 . . . thanks for the assistance on the cell Tim. Greg thanks for the beer . . . sorry I had to go but the second two hour session of 24 was on at 8!!!

Got your message and returned your call, but you are on vacation its says. Sorry I am usually in during the day , but I have been to the hospital the last 3 days. Going to spend the next week or so there as my gf got a dose of bad medicine that didn't agree with her. I guess i'll work nights for a bit.

At any rate, the lake (oneida) was skimmed over last night , early this morning. But the wind blew it off, the bay is still skimmed over though.

Well im off.

TO Tim

cny panfisher - talked to your Pop Jack today and left my cell with him. He said you were taking care of your girlfriend there, our best wishes for her to get well quick..

Our puppy is at the vets getting fixed and getting cherry eye done on her right eye as well, I can tell ya I have been thoroughly impressed with the Waterville Vet. clinic and I'm sure when I call to check on her at 2 p.m. she will be doing fine...

I was just browsing through the open water WTG guys maybe some day Thunderman might be able to get out and catch some of those PIGS LOL . IT makes my arm hurt just thinking about it ive never caught a walleye before looks like fun grin.gif Tim i need to get a camera maybe you can show me how to post some pictures maybe i can add to some of the excitement wink.gif.