• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best rock and roll band of all TIME!!! vote for your fav!

Kodiak

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best song of all-time - Jimmie Hendrix Rendition of "All Along The Watchtower" Simply incredible

As for bands too hard to pick one but here are my favs

Rolling Stones

The Offspring

Alkaline Trio

Dropkick Murphy's

Metallica

Iron Maiden

Tons of other goodies mentioned on this thread as well.

Going to have going go with:

Arsis

After the Burial (MN)

Remnants of the Executed (MN)

With Dead Hands Rising (MN)

The Black Dahlia Murder

Hey, maybe not you traditional rock and roll bands, but they all rock and my do their double bass pedals roll. smirk.gif

Ya Gissert I remember Slave Raider I used to hang out with some guy's that knew them a little before my time I couldn't get in to the bar's I wasn't old anuff If i remember right the drummer used to play with a hockey mask on.There are some many Good band's It's almost impossible to pick one there are just to many generation's of good music so I will go for one in my generation and that would be PANTERA all time I would lean towards LED ZEP

Quote:

Ok... Am I the only one that was hooked on Bon Jovi???

Maybe it was a "girl" thing
tongue.gifblush.gif

I definitely know its a girl thing....wife says she'd leave me for either Bon Jovi or Keith Urban.... mad.gif....no matter...I told her there is a relly good looking lab I have been taking a shining to... grin.gif

GRAND DAD - I dont remember the drummer (The Rock) playing with a mask, but he sure could of.

Dan - The singer was not Jesse James Dupree. This guy went by the name of Chainsaw Caine. He had Jesse and the chainsaw deal beat by several years. Had a pirate like eye patch too. Excellent high pitched singer.

IMO, they got a little hokey by the end of their run. The 1985-1988 years, they were one of the best bar bands I had ever seen. They would do this Led Zepplin medley that could run for over 20 minutes.

A few of their originals were not bad, some were awful.

Jesse James Dupree was the lead singer of...Jackyl. One of the early '90s leaders of cheese metal.

Speaking of local metal bands, my brother and I had a conversation a couple weeks ago about what local band opened for Pantera at Float Rite in Sommerset some 10+ years ago. Scepultura was supposed to be there, but some other local band opened the show instead. Was anyone there that remembers? Prong also played that evening.

Gisert 85 to 88 was way before my time It would have been some were between 93to 96 so who nose if it were all the same guy's they used to play at the Ironhouse in Crystal

Ray I was there and Flip used to alway's play there I was friends with those Guy's The band that I played in at that time rented a studio from them above Tropics downtown I can't rember if they opend that year all go out on a limb and say maybe Two ton crutch I think they one battle of the bands one year to play there

I disagree Hanson, I'll take that new 70's sound over the bark and growl rock of today anytime. grin.gif

Oh yea, I think my Slave Raider t-shirt hit the rag pile a long time ago. Those were the days, rockin out to a Raider show at a bar when I was 19, while looking like I was 12. cool.gif

Quote:

Quote:

any Wolf Mother fans out there?

I wish those guys would just disappear. Its not the 70s anymore. blush.gif

Yea, you'r right, that 70's sound was highly overrated. Lord knows we could have done without the likes of bands like Rush or Zeppelin or those Rolling Stones guys... what were they thinking?

Duran Duran... now there was a hard hitting rock band tongue.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

any Wolf Mother fans out there?

I wish those guys would just disappear. Its not the 70s anymore. blush.gif

Yea, you'r right, that 70's sound was highly overrated. Lord knows we could have done without the likes of bands like Rush or Zeppelin or those Rolling Stones guys... what were they thinking?

Duran Duran... now there was a hard hitting rock band tongue.gif

HUH???? who let this guy in? duran duran????? i will take rush, aroesmith, the who, zepplin, ect. ect. ect. over them any day!!!!!!! metal in its infancy. not copied, written over or remixed. gimme a break. duran duran. heheheheheheh. ... paul