• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Horror Movie?

bae501

A few minutes ago I just finished watching "Hostel" for the first time. Holy smokes...........

I'm not saying it's the best horror movie or even in the top 100. Just plain nasty. If you like blood and gore (with some gratuitous nudity for good measure) this one's for you!

You are right about Hostel, just a nasty movie. There were some parts of the movie where you had to cringe. One part I thought was bad was the girl who had her eye burned out and when she saw it for the 1st time.

ok here is a list of good ones....

the hills have eyes (new one not the old one)

dawn of the dead (new remake)

devils rejects

hostel (as stated before, eyeball part is crazy)

SAW I, II, III

Resident Evil I, II

Van Helsing

Evil Dead, Evil Dead II aka Army of Darkness

these movies all rock!!!

Quote:

Two movies that scared the hell out of me are Lost Highway (I simply couldn't figure this movie out) and Event Horizon.

Event Horizon was friggin' weird! Me and a couple buddies seen it at the theater one night and afterwards we were all pretty weirded out by it. Definitely a different movie. I've seen tons of scary movies. Everything from just scary to crazy gore... that one still weirds me out.

I slept with the lights on after seeing the Exorcist, Nightmare On Elm Street and the second version of The Thing. I am not bothered by anything now at my age but, Saw and Hostel are deffinatly messed up. I wouldn't want to live next door to the creative geniuses that wrote those but I wouldn't mind having their money. grin.gif

my favorite new movie has got to be Wolf creek. that guy was nuts.

i liked hostle, but i thought it could have been better with a little more gore, and a little less story. love that nudity though wink.gif

for "classics", chainsaw massacre scared me for years, but the first one that scared me silly was Salem's Lot.

How about "The Invasion of the Body snatchers", and "The Blob"? Those movies used to totally creep me out! There are both black and white versions, and remakes. Both the black and white Body Snatchers movie and the remake are excellent. The remake has Leonard Nimoy of Star Trek fame (Spock).

there have been quite a few remakes lately, but two that aint' bad are, house of wax (not bad even with paris hilton) and the hills have eyes.

i have not seen the originals, but i liked the remakes. couldn't say the same about the texas cahinsaw massacre remake. (can't beat the original

The Creature From The Black lagoon! grin.gif That picture scared the bejeebers out of me when I was a kid.

My older sister took me to the Empress theater on West Broadway and made sure that her and the creature scared me at every opportunity!

I had the gill man living under my bed, trying to get through my bedroom window, down the hole in the outhouse at the folks cabin, that sucker was everywhere.

I wouldn't go swimming in a lake, it was wading only. A pool yes, a lake no! I didn't get over that scaring until I was probably 12 years old!

Jaws, Nightmare On Elm Stream, Ernest Goes to Prison, all scary stuff. grin.gif