• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Show your Ice rigged ATV's!

Gus

We just got a Polaris 700 EFI and I'm just dying to outfit it for ice fishing. What kind of accessories do you all use? Auger rack, Bucket holders, etc. I'd love to see some pictures of your ATV loaded up with Ice gear and how you organized it. Thanks! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

Gus

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gus,

Click on this link to see my Sportsman 700EFI that I ran last year.

Otter Ice Machine

This year, I have some 30-inch ITP Mud Lites. Currently, they're mounted on my 700EFI but my '07 Sportsman 800 Twin EFI should be arriving shortly grin.gif

xxlsmallyb7.jpg

The 800 will need a lift kit installed to clear the rubber. And, I'll throw my Otter Outdoors ATV accessories on it as well. Take a good look at the Otter ATV stuff because they'll last your lifetime and are solid.

Otter Outdoors

You'll definitely lose your bottom end power with any tire upsize regardless of engine size. You're effectively changing the final gear ratio by increasing the tire diameter which will kill the bottom end. Most people that install tires 2" bigger or more will install a clutch kit to help bring back the off-idle power.

Its an otter II. I went directly to the factory and bought the fish house. The yellow sled is actually a second and theres nothing wrong with it. They said the yellow sleds didn't sell very well. The only thing I don't like about it is that now it makes me look like a packers fan with the green fish house on top of it. crazy.gifshocked.gif

Quote:

Tell'em you're an NDSU fan. I wouldn't want to be called a packer fan either!

Ooooohhhhh noooo.....I'd rather be caught cheering for "Favre-vig-noogans" team than the Bison. grin.gifblush.gifwink.gif

Long live the FIGHTING SIOUX!

Thats a nice looking kawi! If i could figure out how to post a pic i would, alot of people say i have a good looking quad. Someone explaines it to me, but it wont work for some reason [image]C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\ATV upgrades 2.jpg[/image]

Dave -

I see you have the Otter Monster Box on your ATV and was wondering if the mounting is somewhat adjustable to allow mounting it further back on the rack. I'm looking at the medium size box and would rather have it a tad further back so that it's easier for the rider get on and off.

I'm used to swinging my leg over and although moving it back slightly wouldn't help a lot, it would give a little more room. I'm a little leary of my size 12s with ice cleats going over my seat time and time again. blush.gif

Thanks!

Yes I did, I got a better deal on the sled, fishouse and benchseat. They were all seconds. Everything else (hyfax, and hitch), was full price. The only thing that I can find wrong with the seconds, is a 1/4inch cut on the back of the bench seat.