• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jesse Crain=POO POO

SledNeck

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Gardenhire bring him into a tied game when the team had battled all day?

Why not just pull the team off the field & concede the game? The odds are just about the same.

Sticking with someone through a rough patch is one thing, but this is ridiculous. Putting him into a non-garbage-time game at this point is just being a terrible manager.

I was at the game on Sunday. I think I saw as many Twins fans as Cubs fans. As soon as Crain walks onto the field and they show his ERA, the Cubs fan next to me says, "Oh, this should be good." I pretty much gave up hope after that one.

Crain has got to be blackmailing Gardy to still be on this team.

I really thought (hopefull thinking maybe) that they would put together a team this year that could compete next year in the new stadium. Guess I was just being naive.

Crain needs to go. Put Liriano in the pen, he's awesome the first time through the lineup. Send Ayala packing and sign a stud releaver. Plenty of new money coming in these days with the new stadium, SPEND SOME OF IT!

not to be mean, i know its just a game, but, is there anything else WE could do with that rope around his neck. wink i cant take another game with this loser "pitching". how much is he paying people off? the worst pither the last 2 yrs. and no talk of him being moved. try something different and take that [PoorWordUsage]t off your neck! mad

I will definately be boycotting the dome until this guy is gone. No way am I paying money to watch this ball club if they are not willing to make changes, especially when there are changes that NEED to be made. I can't believe Bert hasn't let something slip on the air about this piece of junk.

Not only is Crain bad, but by taking up a roster spot...more importantly a relief pitcher spot...he makes the other relief pitchers work that much more and then they wear out.

Put Liriano in the pen, bring up Swarzak and let'er buck. That way with one move you strengthen both your relief and your starting pitching. You have to do something or this season will be lost. I know we are only 3 out, but we should be 5 ahead.

Want a rogue thought? Depending on what you think of Go-Go or Cuddyer, maybe you wanna move one of them because of what you could get.

From the Star Tribune:

The Twins have optioned struggling relief pitcher Jesse Crain to Class AAA Rochester.

Crain was 2-3 with an 8.15 ERA wnd was the losing pitcher in Sunday's game in Chicago against the Cubs. In 23 appearances, he had yielded 16 earned runs in 17 2/3 innings.

The Twins announced today that they have reinstated lefthanded pitcher Glen Perkins from the 15-day disabled list. He will start tonight's game against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Perkins is 1-3, 5.36 ERA in eight starts for the Twins this season.

-It's about Time!

Maybe it was another one of the Twins everybody says that should be sent down then that I was thinking off...Too many complaints about too many of the Twins.

The Twins have optioned struggling relief pitcher Jesse Crain to Class AAA Rochester.

Crain was 2-3 with an 8.15 ERA wnd was the losing pitcher in Sunday's game in Chicago against the Cubs. In 23 appearances, he had yielded 16 earned runs in 17 2/3 innings.

The Twins announced today that they have reinstated lefthanded pitcher Glen Perkins from the 15-day disabled list. He will start tonight's game against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

From the MN Twins HSOforum:

To make room on the roster for Tuesday night's starter, Glen Perkins, the Twins have optioned right-hander Jesse Crain to Triple-A Rochester.

Crain was the losing pitcher in Sunday's 3-2 loss to the Cubs in Chicago after giving up the winning run in the ninth inning, allowing three hits and walking one to break up what had been a 2-2 tie. It was a continuation of the troubles that he has had this season, going 2-3 with an 8.15 ERA in 23 appearances (17 2/3 innings).

Manager Ron Gardenhire was frustrated by Crain's struggles after Sunday's loss.

"You try to find the right situation to put him in ballgames, but when you get to this point, there's no right situation," Gardenhire said. "He's got to go out and get outs. Our bullpen's dying out there, and he's the guy that's got to try to get somebody out, and it didn't happen today."

The move to option Crain allowed Perkins to be activated from the disabled list in time for his start against the Pirates. Perkins went on the DL on May 19 with inflammation in his left elbow. He'll be making his ninth start of the season, and he is 1-3 with a 5.36 ERA in his previous eight outings.