• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow and setup

I thought it would be kinda cool to find out what everyone uses.

I have a 2006 HOYT lazertech 75th year edition with a quicktune 2000 rest, boss hogg sights, carbon express cx200, little goose release, and a fuse stabalizer.

So lets see what you yall use.

2006 Matthews Switchback XT (29 inch 70lbs draw), Vapor Trail Strings and Cables, 7inch Doinker Multi-rod stab., 3 Pin Cobra Sidewinder Site, QAD Ultra LD arrow rest, Hurricane release....shooting Gold Tip XT Hunters.

I'm going to use the basic recurve Ben Pearson 45lb no sights and easton game getter arrows. I got this bow in 1984 as a gift and have not shot a deer with it yet. good luck to everyone.

Main Bow: 2002 Bowtech Patriot Single Cam, 28" - 70 lbs., Carbon Express Hunter 300 shafts with feathers, Montec 100gr. broadheads, Trophy Taker rest, Copper John Deadnuts sight.

Backup Bow: 1999 Darton Yukon XT with CPS system, 28", 70 lbs., same shafts, same broadheads as above, Trophy Taker rest, Cobra sights.

Recurve: I hope to harvest a deer this year with my Darton Ranger recurve, 55 lbs. at 28" with Magnus Snuffers in 125 Gr. This will be my first "trad" harvest if I make the shot.

Best of Luck to all, hope your freezer gets full of venison quick!

2002 Mathews MQ1 with a Trophy Ridge sight,Mathews quiver and a 7" doinker along with a Mathews overdraw. Arrows are Beaman ICS Hunter 400 with 125 grain Muzzies.I thought of getting a new Mathews but this one is still stopping plenty of deer.

If I do buy a new bow it will without a doubt be another Mathews as I have been very happy with the last two.The bows before that were both PSE bows and they also performed very well.

2005 Diamond Triumph 28.5 inch 70 lb, Cobra Sidewinder 3 Pin sights, Trophy Taker Dropaway rest, Truball Copperhead release, Carbon Express Maxima 350 arrows, 6 inch doinker, limbsaver silencing equipment, 100 gr G5 Montec Broadheads

'06 Hoyt Protech in Safari pattern, 3 pin sliding AP Archery site, Shaky Hunter drop away, Carter 4 finger release (I much prefer the four finger releases), Carbon Express arrows, and 100 grain Steelhead mechanicals.

How do you like the protech? i was looking at getting that but i decided to go with the lazertech.

Got a question. i need some opinions on some broadheads. I am looking at getting the magnus stinger buzzcut 100 grain 4 blade. I like those but at the same time i dont know what else to get.