• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carry Pistol

AQUAJOE

I used to carry a Russian Makarov in .380, but now carry a Taurus Millinium pro in .45 ACP.

The .380 just lacked the stopping power and I hate any 9mm gun so I chose the big boy.

Benny

I prefer the .45 myself. I have a full-size EAA Witness .45 compensated (wonder finish). So it is rather large to say the least.

I am looking at a carry Witness .45.

Although a Sig Sauer or a Glock would be nice.

Dahitman44,you will need to take an approved class first.

Then you take your certifacate and a $100 to the Shariff and ask for the permit.

Don't be surprised by thier unwillingness to help you out in any way but they have no choice but to give you the permitt if you check out on the back ground check.

My advice though would be to do some serious thinking about how much control you have over your self.

If your in a situation where you upset people and it has the potential to become violent then you my want to just carry pepper spay or a tazer.

The fine and jail time just for the threat of using a CCW is $5K and 30 days.

It gets way worst after that, plus your going to loose your weapon for sure.

Benny

Hey scooter, long time since I last talked with you.

Going to the game fair this year?

As for the 9mm I don't want to sell it yet.

I have a Dan wesson .357 mag pistol pack I would sell.

But that would be around $500 or $600 for the whole pack.

The pistol packs were a package type deal with a carry case, a 2in.,a 4in. a 6in. and a 8inch barrel, barrel wrench and head space gage,belt buckel,patch, manual,and some extra sight inserts.

Benny

I have had a CCWP for many years. I have to say - it does not make me feel any safer. I hardly carry it; usually only when on long trips. (Carry a Witness 10mm)

If you work where you might need a gun - great get a CCWP. However, I think a Taser might be a great option to get along with the CCWP. You have training for a weapon, yet you used no lethal force for a situation. This would be smart.

I do think many people should get a permit even if they are not going to carry. Why not be one of the good ones who gets a permit to show the politicians that nothing bad will happen.

I was just thinking about the Game Fair coming up too. I may not be able to attend this year due to bear baiting. Hard to say though. If we finish up North early for the opening of baiting I might have time to take the Monster out and see how far she will jump. Did 17' last year and not bad for a 90# chessie. How is you pooch coming along?

back to pistols though. Sounds like a nice package. Have to see.

Mandy is doing great, shot over a 100 pheasants over her last fall and winter and two S.D limits of ducks.

She did her first long water retrieve out there last year, my budies dog turned around after 75 yards but she went out the full 125 (give or take a few yds) yards and back.

She didn't like the geese, but she did drag one back after I kept her going back after it.

She placed 2nd over all in the Iams Scurry at last years Game fair, did both retrieves in 22 seconds.

Give me a call some time, or email me with your new addy.

benstackle at netzero dot net

Benny

Sorry Hitman...I was out of town on vacation.....chasing muskies on Vermilion....just got back today.

Benny hit it on the head....you gotta take some safety course (unsure of cost) and then you get backgrounded (sp?) by the Sheriff's Department...and if you pass...you get your carry permit. Its a pretty easy process in Clay County...from what I have heard, finding the class is the difficult part.

Good luck.

There is a class that they run in Twin Valley, were i work. He tries to have it bout 4 times a year or whenever he gets enough people, usually 4-8. You need to get a hold of Greg Lund of Twin Valley. i think it was 100 bucks for the materials, he is qualified to give both MN and ND, as you need both if you plan to go back and forth over the river. Some states dont honor other state permits to carry so i'd be careful when traveling to other states.