• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

arrows

I have been shooting Gold Tip XT Hunters 5575 (cut to 28 1/4) for the past several months. I have had no problems....but I am rather new to the sport and have nothing to compare them too.

What are those Gold Tips, carbon or aluminum?

I shoot carbons, don't know what kind, but I'll never go back to aluminum. Carbons are always straight, or they're broken, no inbetween. I have about 30 'slightly bent' aluminums that I'd give away.

they are a carbon arrow. i have some friends that shoot them and i talked to a guy at the deer and turkey show and they had nothing but good to say about them. i am new to and i am just seeing what everyone else has to say about arrows.

I shoot Easton Axis arrows with the hidden inserts, which i really like. These arrows have shot great for me so far, i just picked them up around a month and a half ago. I have nothing bad to say about them.

Andrew Shae

I shot the new Maxxums last year for hunting and was impressed. Decent arrow.. fairly straight tolerances, and weight... I will use them again next fall..

For 3D I use ACC.. when money is on the line I go for staight and consistant!.. the ACC is that!!!!!awesome arrow, but a bit much for price!

For indoor target I shoot line cutter big ole Easton Alum 2413 alum arrows...A7 I think they are...

Good luck looking for arrows! its always fun!!!!

Dietz you probably have the X7 Eclipse. Dandy target shaft. I shot 2512's for years but switched to the 2114 this year. 50 pounds, 29 incher with 100 grain tips. Man they fly nice. Seams like more inside out x's also. Just switched to a scope so gotta see how that works now.

Has anyone shot PSE Carbon Demonator 300's? These came with my bow. I don't know much about arrows, but these seem OK to me. I know PSE has updated now, but are these still decent shafts?

Lawdog

I have a buddy who shoots the same arrows as you and I have not heard him say anything bad about them.I have never shot them myself.

Sometimes I think we get all caught up in the most expensive is the best.I have shot many a deer with the good old alum. arrows.I went to the carbon because it was the thing to do.I dont shoot anymore deer now than I did before.I believe you are as good as you make yourself.

Fred Bear never had any problem with wood arrows and we could all wish that one day we might be half as good as he was.

I shoot the new Easton Full-Metal Jacket arrows. The greatest penetrating arrow on the market (what they say ;-)) and I really like the hidden insert and how thin they are. A little spendy, but I think worth it, check em out!

You are probably right Harv. Always thinking we need the biggest/fastest/best new gadget costs lots but probably doesn't put any meat on the table! Unfortunately I know I'm going to have to upgrade/change arrows sooner or later though since PSE now quit making these...

this is my second year shooting Beman 400's and at this point, I like them. Accurate and not too expensive either. Definitely gained some speed from my 2216's I used to shoot. Had thunderhead 100's on them, but am very interested in trying the G5 Montecs. I have always had to adjust a little for thunderheads from field tips too...I'd rather not have to do that...at least as much.

Steve

Quote:

just wondering what kind of arrows everyone shoots? i personally shoot carbon express but i am thinking of switching to gold tips any info on them would be appricated

Stay with Carbon Express. They are good carbon arrows. All carbon arrow on the market now are made almost the same. If carbon express has been great for you, why change? There's a saying for it, " if it's not broken, don't change it". grin.gif

Have shot PSE Dominator shaft. Now shoot the Radial X-Weave. Very strong, good shaft, good precision.

Have also shot carbon express. very good carbon arrow as well. have sold and shot the axis with h.i.t. and some other slim arrows. good for speed. indoor targets, i shot xx75 2514's i like to break the lines!