• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lets see your biggest fish of the year.

I am new to this site and not sure if this is the proper place for it. But I felt like bragging alittle and posting some of my Biggest fish (for specific species) of the year.

And don't be afraid to post your Biggest of the year on this topic. smile.gif

All these fish were CPR'd. smile.gif

10 3/4" gill

TourneyGill20.jpg

10 3/8"

TourneyGill11.jpg

also caught 1/2 dozen that were 10" with plenty of bluegills running in the 9-10" range smile.gif

Caught about 8 13 1/4" Crappie this year heres 2 seperate

ones from 2 different Bodies of water.

Not monsters but decent Crappie that are still swiming smile.gif

DSC006442.jpg

DSC00566.jpg

32" Laker

LakerTourney5.jpg

Caught alot of perch this year with at least 50 over 13" including 2 @ 14 1/4"

heres a really fat 12" plus from Early march.

Slob03.jpg

Dont fish for whitefish often but got this 21"er this year.

Whitefish2103.jpg

fishingking-

Those perch are huge man!! Looks like you've had an awesome winter.

I have 2 fish that really made my winter for me. There are a few others but these 2 I remember like they happened this morning.

Lake Sturgeon

This one was 42" I think. Caught strictly by accident while fishing walleyes on Lake of the Woods, MN.

sturgeon7cs.jpg

And this 20" Smallmouth Bass from Chequamegon Bay, Lake Superior.

hanson25nk.jpg

Awesome fish both of you.

The amazing things is that some people never catch a fish like those and you caught bunches all this year (not to mention other years I imagine).

How long you been fishing? Do you use an aquaview? I'm very impressed with your perch and the nice laker.

Good job.

carlcmc- I have been freshwater fishing for about 10 years now . I started getting serious about open water fishing right after I graduated high school (Summer 99)and mainly bass fished that summer. (Caught and mounted a 5.7lb Largemouth bass that summer)

I began Icefishing around 1997 with tipups with very little sucess (fishing only a few times a season). I become a full blown/hardcore icefisherman starting in December of 2002 (2002/2003 season).

I just ended my 3rd season of being a serious Icefisherman. I am 24 yrs old and still have alot of learning ahead of me.

I feel that hardwork, determination ans skill will put fish on the ice. You also have to be confident in knowing that what you are doing will work. I have found it quite easy to put big fish on the ice as well, just need to know where to go and find them.

I caught three 14 1/4" perch this year all 3 came from 3 different body's of water.

The 10 3/4" and 10 3/8" gill came from one body of water. ALl released.

The 6 10" gills I caught came out of one body of water.

The 8 Crappies that were 13 1/4" came out of 3 different bodies of water. All released.

Long as your determined to catch a certain sized fish that you know swims in that particular body of water you can catch it. smile.gif

Heres a couple from Minnesota & South Dakota when I was working out there for 5 1/2 months. Summer/Fall 2004.

16 1/2" crappie CPR. Caught in Minnesota.

3529760-R1-050-23A_2.jpg

25 or 26" Walleye Didnt measure it CPR. Caught in South Dakota.

3529760-R1-016-6A.jpg

Long skinny Pike Caught in South Dakota. Length Mid/High 30's?? CPR.

3529760-R1-018-7A.jpg

And a big bass from Minnesota

3529760-R1-032-14A.jpg

FK

Yeah we usually do great out there in the spring. I out of town on buisness right now but I get back Friday and I will bet my life I will be on the ice at Sun up and will not leave until sundown all weekend. Unless it gets really warm and then I guess I would have to hit Lake Superior and run boards for some Browns, Coho's & Steelheads. Here is a link to a fishig tournament we had this past weekend. I didn't place but I still caught 5 fish over 1 lb 10oz's. This first pics is my buddy Brandon and yes I was there when he pulled that HOG through the hole on the 30th. Check out the link below.

MapleRidge