• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bracket Buster

nofishfisherman

I got BC in the championship game....got a little worried there, but breathing normal again lol. Was home over lunch today, boy was it hard to come back into work. Was fun listening to it on the radio though. Hopefully many more great games to come.

Well my bracket is still holding its own. I went 12 and 4 yesterday with one upset picked. The next round will be the tell tale round for me I think.

Whats your final fours looking like?

I got Texas vs. UCLA and Uconn vs. Boston College

Uconn beating Texas for the title.

Duke vs UCLA

North Carolina vs Boston College

Duke over BC for the title.

I honestly had alot of trouble this year making picks. I probably went back through and filled them all out 10 times. Its just one of those years where nobody really sticks out as a favorite. All the #1's could easily be in the final4, and none of the #1's could make it to the final4.

When finished, my picks completely favor the ACC, why I dont know, but I am a die hard Tar Heels fan even though UNC over UCONN was a coin toss pick for me, its hard to root against Duke, but they play so well as a team it was hard to pick against them.

UCLA was my gamble pick, dont know why I picked them, just felt right, same with BC.

Hopefully many more enjoyable games like the first day.

I had UCLA coming out of the weaker Oakland region, and Texas over Duke becuase Texas seems to well balanced that I think they can handle anyone on any given day.

Also I thought Duke would be picked by most so if Texas does beat Duke I will have a good chance at winning the pool.

UConn over Duke, they've been the two best teams all year. I've got BC & Gonzaga as my other Final Four teams. They're more sleepers, but if they both make it I'm in really good shape.

Personally my biggest agony on the championship game was which team to pick. They could both lose before they get there, but I had to pick the teams I actually thought would win.

Northlander you could easily be right, those are solid picks.

I don't see anybody being lucky enough to have all four 1 seeds make it, but those would all sure be solid picks in this tourney.

Well Borch, we're obviously rooting for the same teams. Same Final Four, Championship game, & Champ. How are you doing points wise overall?

I'm okay at 45, if my Final Four's right I'll win both of the smaller groups I'm in.

That was a great night of basketball. It had everything, UCLA came back from a 17 point deficit and Texas hit a 3 pointer at the buzzer to win the game. Best part about the entire night is I have Texas and UCLA in the final four, and most of the people in my league had Duke winning everything.

It was a good night for me.

you can stick a fork in my bracket lol Im done....What a great night of basketball though, its alot funner when the teams you pick go your way, but last night was just a awesome night of basketball. Looking forward to tonight, I think the Villanova vs Boston College is going to be a great game.

I'm looking at a fork too. The Gonzaga game killed me, they gave that one away. UCLA came back & played a great second half, but Gonzaga still had to give it to them at the end to make it work out for them. Bautista caught the pass from Morrison & promptly went to sleep. He's not a ball handler, he can't bring it down against a double team.

With Duke too, in the last couple of minutes they blinked under the pressure especially on the freethrow line rebounds. 4 guys on the lane & only the shooter for LSU & no one blocks out the shooter? That's just about #1 on the list of cardinal sins in the basketball world.

What would you guys do? I score the brackets for a pool of about 80 guys. I filled out two sheets. One for each of my sons. Well, low and behold, my one son is in first place and has it wrapped up and my other son is in forth place. Would you guys leave them in or pull them. No, I did not cheat. The two picks that pulled them over were both had LSU and UCLA.

Thanks,

Flash

"Set the Hook"

I guess as long as you did it fair and square you should leave them in. Every pool I have ever played has entries made by the organizer. As long as you did it all fair and you paid your money to enter you should be expected to win the same as anyone else. If it is possible you may want someone to varify the sheets just so if there is a poor sport in the group they have to question multiple people not just you.

How old are your sons?

Nice job picking LSU, I had Texas playing UCLA in the final four. Not going to happen now.

Uconn losing is the final fork in my backside, UCLA is the only final 4 team I picked and I had them getting beat by Texas.

They are in high school. It would be great to see the baby shaq and that other big guy from George Mason meet up. They are huge. I thought Florida looks like the best team left. They are really athletic.

Flash

"Set the Hook"

LSU is totally taking advantage of their strengths with baby Shaq and their inside game. They can't hit from outside like most teams but they are owning the paint and forcing the opponents guards into taking low percentage long range shots. For someone to beat them they are going to have to get red hot from 3 point range becuase they are not pounding it inside against LSU.

I really thought Texas had the right combo of inside and outside game to go to the championship oh well just 1 more game I was wrong about.

I would definitely leave the brackets in. Like whoever said, every group the guy organizing has picks in. If you didn't why would you want to mess with it?

I'd like to see an all SEC final. George Mason could get there, but I think they'll really have their hands full with how Florida is playing right now. The same thing with UCLA trying to deal with LSU.

I only got 3 of the Final 8 right & none to the Final 4. I was in great shape after two rounds & then everything fell apart, every close game went the opposite of my pick. I think this is a first having no Final 4 teams, what a tourney!