• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's not even a STICKER!!!!

Steve Foss

ARRGGGHH!!!

Just paid my $16 for the so-called 'trails sticker," and it's not even a sticker.

Can't just peel off the backing like you do on boat and sled registration stickers. NOOOOOO, that would be TOOOO SIMPLE! Gotta follow a 4,509,333 point procedure to get the stupid thing on my sled.

Really, I guess the 16 bucks goes to pay the consultants who came up with this new method of sticking a sticker on a sled that involves a whole list of directions instead of just peeling and sticking. Leave it to government to make things more complicated than they need to be and to charge us more money because of their new-fangled complicated "technology." mad.gif

I think I'll just use some clear packing tape and tape it on. Take about 10 seconds and it'll last longer than the sticker's expiration date. I mean, it's not like they can fine you because you used the non-governmentally approved WRONG ADHESIVE, right?? smirk.gif

Steve-

I don't know whether to laugh or cry with you. confused.gif

The DNR has been switching all of our hunting tags over to adhesiveless design. Now I have to remember to bring a zip tie with to get that sucker attached to my deer or turkey.

Have you bought a new ice shack license yet this year? Any glue on the back of that baby?? Probably not, eh?

So the big question is... If we are required to buy these pieces of **** and affix them to our snowmobiles, how are we supposed to do that if adhesive is not provided?

Anyone renew their sled registration yet? Is that a sticker still?

And while I'm at it. The state never did send me my MN duck stamp this year and I paid for it!!!!!!!!!

Chris:

When I got my trail sticker today, the separate adhesive backing was provided. Just too complicated when I have a roll of clear packing tape on my kitchen counter. My shelter tag gets taped to a piece of cardboard that I attach to the mesh of the side vent (it's an old Trap II, with no clear sleeve for tag display.) Boat, sled, whatever the registration, if they don't make them stickers, they make me get out the tape. Fine with me. Boneheads.

I bought the 3 year trail tax when I renewed one sled, and that sticker WAS adhesive and green in color. Then the nice lady told me I have to go to another desk to buy the yearly trail tax for my other sled. They claim that that's a different "account desk" for those monies. Didn't make much sense since I bought the 3 year sticker there. LMAO!!

Then, I learned this 1 year sticker is blue and I had to make my own sticker out of the deal with the provided sticker contraption.

confused.gif

And yes, the fishhouse license is no longer a sticker. The instruction said to use the provided hole in it to tie it to the house. That will hold up in a stiff wind. LOL I elected to glue it.

I am really disgusted and wondering what is going on with this state.....But, I will continue to pay and ride. grin.gif

Ahhh, the hole in the tag theory. I believe a string through that hole will hold up in 30 mph gales on the ice and setting up and pulling down my fish trap like I believe a similar sticker strung around a buck's antler will hold up through a 1-mile drag across the slash of a northern Minnesota logging cut. Glue or tape, coming right up!!!

My one year trail sticker (I was in the middle of a registration cycle and couldn't get the three year sticker) was green in color and was NOT a sticker. Sheesh! Color me this, color me that . . .

Good therapy guys... grin.gif.....thanks

By the way your New Trail Sticker must be attached to your sled directly above or below your Headlight....I was hoping to put it on the side of the cowl like I did for my Stud Sticker. mad.gif

They are promising again that all moneys from this Fee will go to trail maintenance mainly Grooming..... shocked.gif

Quote:

By the way your New Trail Sticker must be attached to your sled directly above or below your Headlight....

Copying Michigan's regs isn't going to make MN a better snowmobiling state. grin.gif

No way am I putting a sticker in either of those places.

Anyone know the fine for noncompliance yet?

What's a matter, Chris, you like that pukey wild green Arctco color so much you won't sully it with ANOTHER sticker? grin.gif

On my old Yamaha, it would be far better to put the sticker beside the headlight, as far as visibility goes, but heck, who said any of this has to make sense?

Quote:

What's a matter, Chris, you like that pukey wild green Arctco color so much you won't sully it with ANOTHER sticker? :grin

Well... I'm not much on "knowingly" breaking the law so the sticker will undoubtedly end up in its rightful place. Doesn't look like there is much we can do about it.

frown.gif

I believe it's the same as not having one....Which is.... anyone stopped by enforcement and found operating on a state or grant-in-aid trail without a sticker will be required to purchase a $31 annual sticker. ($30 permit fee plus $1 filing fee.)

PierBridge:

That's how I read it too. Good thing the old Yammie is so old that its looks are gone, or I might get my dander up over the bazillion stickers it'll have on it this year.

Glad I don't have a new hot sweet number to roar around on. It'd be like getting a new BMW and having the state force you to put bumper stickers all over the darn thing. Yeeech! blush.gif

I agree - the "sticker" thing is a joke. For anyone that needs to buy one make sure you get the adhesive card with it-when I got mine the person that sold it didn't know they needed to give them out with the printout from the machine. The good part is that all of the funds will go to clubs for grooming and maintaining the trails.

It's just figures, Hanson has all the Luck!!!!

My Stickers are GREEN.. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

That will look good on my sleds which are Red and Blue. mad.gif...Not.

They are green my camera makes them look aqua...

My Stickers are stickers they have the adhesive backing, I went to the Southdale Service center DVS.

DSCF0004.jpg

Quote:

It's just figures, Hanson has all the Luck!!!!

We'll see about that. I'll probably getting pulled over all winter long because nobody can see the sticker on my sled. I would have been happier with orange. That would have matched most of the stickers.

Dog, dog, dog. I don't know what to do with you. grin.gif

Her looks aren't much, but she weighs less than I do (well, almost) and has a MUCH more powerful engine. Light as she is, she rarely gets bogged, and when she does I can pick up her back end with one arm and move her into a better position.

Now, much as at times I think I'd like (aside from the winning Powerball ticket it would take to buy one) a two-up paddle-track utility monster, which supposedly doesn't get bogged at all, I know there's no such thing as a sled that won't get stuck, and if I can't pick it up and move it, then it's not much good.

Give my my ole black Yammie! Boy, does she scream! An old 440 and a light sled make for INTERESTING times. Golly, though, wish it had a stronger suspension. blush.gif

Looks like tomorrow is gonna be an event in frustration as i plan to pick up stickers for both of my sleds, and my shelter license (which i have heard is also non-adhesive this year). Looks like i may have to grab a roll of clear packing tape to do the job, what a joke confused.gif

Since wisconsin has instituted a non-res only shelter tag this year i am boycotting the state sledding-wise so will have some room on the shield for this tag, but normally I'd have MN, WI and MI trail tags on the shield. For cripes sake, you'd think that would be a safety hazard as those would about take up half my windshield space.

I picked up my shelter license today. I asked for the adhesive "patch" to stick it on. She said that they were for the snowmobile tags only. The lady said to staple it on. I said, "To aluminum!?" Then another gal in the back said to give him one.

I supose years ago they were nailed on, but I dont think a staple will hold 'em.

Well, I got lucky on the stickers. I went down to the county licensing office to get the trail stickers and they printed them off on "sticky" paper, so the application was easy.

However, when i went to the local bait shop to get the shelter tag, I got the same lame thing, and they wouldnt give me a piece of adhesive that they had for the sled tags. I asked about the county having the sticky paper, and the owner told me that they were instructed by the DNR to stop using the other "sticky' paper back in July, due to the fact that it was coming apart in the ELS machines and jamming them. So i folder it over and used packaging tape and stuck it to an old "credit card" style shelter tag that i had from 1998. A quick zip tie and it is affixed to the zipper of the Otter. Now if we would just get a bit of snow so i can make use of that extra $16 tax, er fee, ah tee, no fax frown.gif (the person i bought the sled tags from said there were lots of PO'd folks when having to buy these, duh)

talked to a CO friday while out fishing, and he thinks this trail permit is a joke also. why not just raise the license fee. I guess it makes too much sense. the CO was amazed at how much the trail permit is. I hope they raised the out of staters permits. I believe they were only 12 bucks, plus they don't have to buy a license.

he said they did away with the stud sticker, and he said 1 out of 5 had studs. I guess this way we all have to pay to repave the roller bladers trail.

when will there be trail permits for bikers and roller bladers, I am all for it.