• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how about a few good girl dog names

frabillfisher

Besides picking out the specific pup from the litter, deciding on the "right" name can evolve into a significant task. We just welcomed a new addition to our family three weeks ago, a beautiful fox red male Lab pup. Since I allowed the entire family input on name consideration, it took some time to settle on the final/final. We just wrote all the serious names on a paper list and then "democratically" narrowed it down. Hindsight, it was a fun project. We finally decided and named him Cedar.

Girl names for consideration; Pepper, Koal, Goldie, Jessie, Ruby, Abby. Good luck and enjoy your new future pup.

I let the wife and kids pick our pups name. All I requested is that the name be one or two syllabls and that it couldn't be confused with a command. Our process was very similar to Woollman99's. We made a list and whittled it down to just a handful. There are a number of good sites that help with names for your pet. Just do a Google for it.

Be careful. A co-worker told me that his Dad let his little sister name the family lab. His dog was named Sweater.

Females are tough to name. I decided on Pepper. I personally don't like dogs that have "people names". I tried to think of a place or thing, but that's tough too.

We named our female black lab Dakota - but we had plenty of names to pick from. My wife wanted Cleo - short for Cleopatra. We had considered Jager as in Jagermeister- but thought it might be too masculine. Shadow was another the my boys thought of.

We have Lily, Ginger who are Field Bred English Cockers,Rose, Holly are Brittneys and Brownie our yellow lab. Our old yellow lab is Goldie, the gentleman we got her from had the last name of Hahn, so "Goldie Hahn".

I like the name scout for a pup/dog. I'll be getting my second lab and this is what I'll name her. The name has a little meaning behind it....always scouting for birds. Best of luck!

Our youngest dog is named Katie. She's small and lovable and the wife thought she reminded her of Katie Couric, from the news show. Since the pup's mother was named Ladybug, our pup's name has morphed into Katiebug. Since she's a basset hound she doesn't come when called by either name.