• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Names

Esoxmn

Think of your favorite X

Fish:

Names could be: Wally, Sunny etc.

Alcohols:

Names could be: Jack, Brandy, Jim, Bud, Mich, etc etc

animals: Drake, Woody, Bear, Tracker, Hunter, Ringer (for ringneck) Blue (bluebill), Trapper, etc etc

Colors: Rusty, Jet, midnight, shadow, sandy etc

These are just a few that I would think about.

anyone with esoxmn with their fm handle would name him Pike, Musky is too long of a name but also okay. I've always liked the name Blue, never understood it's meaning since all the blues I knew were yellow...

I am partial to ELVIS myself. I didn't name him the children of the breeder did and well when we went to pick him up it just sounded right. Besides I am the only one in the field calling for "ELVIS" which is nice.

Bullet

Remmy

Moose

Rock

Twister

JUST A SUGGESTION. WE HAD A FRIEND THAT NAMED HIS MALE DOG "KEENI" - (pronounced- KEEN-EYE) WE FELT THIS WAS A VERY UNIQUE NAME- MY HUSBAND GOES WITH GERMAN NAMES AS HE HAS ALWAYS HAD GSP- MY OWN DOGS HAVE BEEN LAP/HOUSE PETS AND I CHOOSE ONE THAT FITS THEIR PERSONALITY-

GOOD LUCK- grin.gif

Naming ANY dog Elvis is a bad idea....and I have the proof. I have a Beagle named Elvis (ain't nuthin but a hound dog). One night just before bed around 11pm, dressed in Holey, cut off sweat pants, the kind that leaves little for the imagination and the kind your wife is always trying to get you to throw away, my Elvis took off out the back yard. Living in a smaller town with larger yards, there I am running through the neighborhood calling for Elvis. The neighborhood started calling too....calling the police department. Pretty soon, here comes the our City's finest and me without any identification! Of course he doesn't see the dog and thinks some crazed fellow is searching for the "King of Rock-n-Roll". Best thing I could do is just walk right up to him and tell him yes I know this looks strange however my dogs' name is Elvis and no I don't have any I D and would you follow me around with the patrol car so I may perhaps spot this invisible dog. He says sure and after about 20 more minutes I corral the dog and start carrying him home. (about three blocks) He follows me and I wave from the picture window so he knows I'm truly the owner of the house. Scenario two.....picture the large fenced in area in the back of a certain very large home improvement store where "you save Big Money". I'm back there in the van with the aforementioned Elvis to pick up some gutters and as I open the back gate to load my purchase, whoosh, there goes the dog. I can't catch him so after a while I'm standing on the bundles of lumber hollering for Elvis as the other customers start cringing away from the "crazy" guy making a scene on the pile of 2 X 6's-green treated. It wasn't doing the lumberyard any good for business so here comes the management to ask me to leave....I explain my situation and they say "sure buddy, we believe you, uh-huh," so I load my purchase with the sinking feeling that I've just seen my dog for the last time. I drive to the gate to have the employee check my purchase and there is the hound getting a treat in the little guard "dog" house! Now anytime the wife sends me to the store for another of the "honeydo" projects of course the dog gets all excited knowing he'll get a treat from the gang in the back and pouts if he doesn't get to go. next week....chapter two-Elvis and the Sunfish or "I didn't know Beagles were diving dogs?"... -Pete