• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walmart gun

Sand Burr

check if gander has the gun, if they do, tell them that walmart is cheaper (which most likely it is) and they will price match plus the 5% difference discount or something like that. At least teh gander in forest lake price matched walmart for me, its their guarantee.

good luck

jn

A Beretta is a Beretta. I don't think they'd put their name on junk for Wal-Mart's benefit. What Wal-Mart does is use its size and buying power to squeeze down the price from the suppliers, that doesn't mean the stuff is junk. Brand name products are the same no matter where you get them. Now their store brands, that may be different, but liek I said, a Beretta is a Beretta.

I already own this model and remember what I paid for it at Reeds 5-6 years back which I believe was around $550. Since then they have came out with the AL391. I guess the reason for the question was I thought I heard talk about a weatherby being made for walmart or something like that.

I would buy from Wal-Mart without any problems. My wife works there so I get a discount anyway. There is nothing wrong with any of their products. The guy probably didn't want your personal opinions about how they company is run or your union beleifs. As far as unions go, I wish they would outlaw them. Mr. Walton was a very smart man and built an empire, good for him. I like to pay less money for things that the "big" sporting goods rape you for.

walmart treats its employees horribly, everyone i talk to that works there would rather work elsewhere, its a job that pays the bills. I dont like supporting wally world, but,if i have to, i will by some stuff there.

walmart has billions of $s and only gives their employees 10%?! confused.gif i dont want to get into a walmart talk here, but i would not buy a gun if u can support a smaller business elsewhere.

just my 3 cents

I'm just not a big fan of thier business philosiphy, didn't want to start a nasty debate. I guess my point was I would rather keep my $ local, it's not just Wal-Mart, Grocery stores are another, But if it's a significant amount and nobody else will match, it's hard to throw money away. And we don't have the time to debate the unions pro's and con's. I'm sure the gun quality is the same, just they can purchase 1000x more of them, therefore the price is less.

Some products you need to watch from Walmart, especially some of their fishing reels. I have not heard of Walmart in cooperation with any gun companies but I do know Walmart contracted with Abu Garcia where Abu made a line of the Cardinal 100 series strictly for Walmart stores. The difference is, you will see a 100x on the reel instead of 100U,etc, etc. And if you look at the bearings you will see them to be plastic. Cheaper price for a cheaper product.

I have heard about ammunition manufacturers running off huge amounts that might not be as quality controlled as what they normally run off to give the huge suppliers better prices for their bulk purchases. Of coarse that was told to me by a small local gun shop whose ammo prices were 30% higher. I doubt that could happen with a firearm. I purchased a deer rifle from Walmart last year and am very happy with it.

If any of you people have ever been on food stamps, you will not bad mouth walmart when you are trying to get clothes for your kids to wear. Been there, done that.

Muskbuck,

Do you really believe that an ammunitions manufacturer would produce poor quality uninspected product for a cheaper price??? I would guess not, they have not only a reputation for their product but more importantly they have a liability for the product they produce. I would guess the small gun shop owner was just talking sour grapes.

Ole

I was told by someone that Walmart also had Fenwick, who make great fishing rods in my opinion, make a special line of cheaper rods for them, with the Fenwick name still on them. I also heard that they then told them after a year of the deal or something that they were going to sell them for X $'s less than the first year & since they had the production all setup to make & sell that many, they pretty much had to do it, but are now looking to get away from doing business with them once the contract runs out. I don't know if it's true or not, it certainly sounds possible.

I wonder if you guys who are bashing walmart shop at Target? My wife used to be in management at Target and I can tell you that Target is just as much a union buster as walmart. Target has training sessions for managers to attend so they know what to do when people start talking about organizing. Target even has a special team of people that get deployed to stores when they get a call that empolyees are talking about organizing or when they find out a local union is going to picket a store.

Me, I like to shop at both Walmart and Target. I like low prices. I don't care if they bust unions or not. (I am a union worker). The truth is, that by not having unions is the only way to keep prices AS low as they are at these stores. To me, it's all about my pocket book. Bash me if you want, but I like my money where it's at and I will shop the cheapest places I can to maximize what I can buy.

Again, I don't want to start a war here and I really only wanted to get across the point that walmart is not the only "evil union buster". So in a way I am defending them, but I do it because I like their prices. When I go there I know the service and knowlege of staff will be no good, but I don't go there for the service or knowlege. I go there to by cheap T-P, Oil, and basic goods.

As it relates to the question,

If you are sure that the gun is an identicle gun that is sold elsewhere, buy it at walmart and then take that $$ you saved and rent a sleeper up north somewhere! That's good for you and good for the little guy!

WOW some of us have a little bad blood for the big stores. It does seam a bit interesting. A few of my opinion points.

1. The whole treating employee bad thing? Come on who the heck loves there job 100%? If you dont like it 100% there is only one person to blame "My employer". If someone walked up and offerd you $10,000 more a year you would be gone in a heartbeat. "If you want loyalty by a dog"

2. I grew up in Cambridge just north of the twin cities and remember when the first fast food joint went into town (Hardees). Everyone went there yes everyone. Within the next 15-20 years the rest including Walmart, Target and Menards came in to town. Everyone went there yes everyone. For the people that grew up in town they remember traveling down to places like Cub foods to SAVE money. If you dont believe my drive through Cambridge on a Friday night at 5:00pm on Hwy 95 and give me the estamated time it takes you to get from one side to the other.

3. I myself love to support the small guy but I too love a good deal. I dont have anuff money to give away?

Use your best judgement guy/gals purchase were you want to.

I'm surprised no one is complaining that the Gun isn't a US make. Beretta makes a great product!

I say go for it, and if someone needs a last minute christmas gift idea that's made locally, get a bucketrack for the 4 wheeler wink.gif

I do not believe Walmart is going to have a special contract for cheap guns. Lets face it, Walmarts name is NOT ON THE GUN. No big name gun manufacturer is going to make a cheap gun unless it is a totally different model. An 1100 at Walmart will be the same 1100 at the next store. One does not go buy a brand new diesel truck at a little dealer for 50,000.00 dollars yet a bigger dealer buys at higher volumes from the manufacturers and are able to sell cheaper due to amount of volume purchased. Walmart probably buys 10,000 of one make gun and gets them for 200.00 a gun while the little gun shop buys 10 of that same gun a year and gets them from the supplier at 400.00 a gun. Look into it yourself go to the next gun show and talk to a salesman there selling ammo ask him what the price difference is between buying one box of ammo compared to buying a case of that ammo and breaking down the price per box. I will bet you will find the case is cheaper per box when broken down..