• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moss

james_walleye

Anyone still wanna say all Randy Moss can do is run a fly pattern after yesterday?? I've been saying it all along Moss is more than just a deep threat. He was making great blocks all over the field in the running game. Anyone who watched the game had too see the blocks he made in the opening drive of the 3rd quarter. Randy's all about winning games and will do what needs too be done too do it. But im sure i'll see some replys too this by people who still belong too the "Merrill Hodge school of thought".

In response to your "He was making great blocks all over the field in the running game", I have to disagree with that. Here is a quote from a sports writer about Moss's blocking that game.

Yeah, I'll agree that the return of Randy Moss has made a tremendous difference. They're 5-1 with him, 2-3 without. But I draw the line when I hear mention of his "devastating blocking" against the Jaguars. C'mon now. Two guys standing straight up and doing that little push-dance they do on the outside? Puh-leeze!

thank you very much....

Being at the game, I was able to see the whole field, unlike those of you who watched it on TV.

Moss has gotten a bad rap from national media trying to play off of dumb comments made in the past as well as a certain sportscasters overzealous attacks on his play.

Let me tell ya, I have to agree with James. He threw some nasty blocks last weekend and I have seen more and more of this type of play every week. He does not get the credit he deserves for this because it's better press to bash him then to praise him.

Ok BottomPacker...lol...

Enjoy your time with old pain killer boy. After he's gone you all will crawl on your frozen tundra in tears while the purple rule the North for the next decade or so.

Can't wait to see Philly crush ya this weekend...LOL

Quote:

Moss is and always will be, a punk. If he's not fireing up a blunt, he's running over traffic cops. It never ends with him. What the queens need is another 'Golden Boy' like Favre.
tongue.gif

With a statement like that,I think you're the one smoking the blunt. Grow up.

I think it is funny that people bash each of the other teams best players. When you all know that you wouldn't mind having either of those players on the team you cheer for. My personal opinion is that the media does bash Moss for the way he takes plays off and the lack of blocking he does. Look at every other reciever that plays the game. They take plays off just like he does. They are not the best blockers either. To bash a reciever that is on the way to break every recieving record in NFL history sounds like jealous criticism to me. Bret Farve is one of the best QB's in the history of the NFL. Just think in a couple of years, if not sooner, he will be retired and the Viks will still have the best reciever and one of the best QB's in the league. grin.gif

Without question Randy Moss is the best wide reciever in the game, probably the best skill position player. I have tremendous respect for Marvin Harrison, but NOBODY and I mean NOBODY commands the defensive attention that Randy Moss does. He can singlehandidly change a game like nobody.

I too think his bad rap has lasted long since it wasn't really true anymore. Ya the kid had a lot of growing up to do when he got here, but he is ten fold better than he was early and is a good leader to this team.

The last few weeks should show everybody how important he is to our offense. You can't run with 8 guys in the box all the time and without Randy that's what we see. With him out there you take two players from the defense on most every play. If nothing else, he's the greatest decoy ever to step on the field...

Just so ya all know.....

Even though I can't stand the pack, I would give anything to have Bret wearing Purple. I think He is the greatest QB of our generation, heck I'd even put him slightly ahead of Montana for his ability to bring a team back time after time.

This forum is for having fun. Nothing wrong with ribbing the other team(s)! I just hope that we all here can take it as much as we dish it out. When it becomes personal, then there's a problem. So far everyone has been pretty good about it.

So keep rippin the Vikes and we'll keep on rippin the Pack! It's all in fun grin.gif

I agree Favre is good, very good even, but he's no Joe Montana, not even close. Favre throws too many INT's and does too many stupid things to be put in that league (e.g. see Philly playoff game last year). Plus, he's only about a .500 QB on the road and that just doesn't get you to Montana status.

Right, but you have to admit there's just something about him that if he has the ball with ANY time left on the clock you just know that there's a pretty good chance that he'll pull it off. If you threw that out, then yea, he dosnt even come close to Joe.

Montana is one of my favorites but you have to remember that his success is linked to having one of the best receivers of all time in Jerry Rice to throw to. I'm sorry but Sharpe, Brooks, Freeman, Driver, Walker, Ferguson aren't even remotely in the same league as Rice in his prime years. One thing Favre does have over Montana is his ability to make tougher plays and throws that Montana couldn't even dream of. This is what gets him in trouble though. You can't try and make tough plays without getting burned once in a while.

But right now in the league, if my team needs a late comeback I'm glad that #4 is taking the snaps. I'm sure that alot of the Purple Pride would silently agree with me on this one.

Quote:

Quote:

Moss is and always will be, a punk. If he's not fireing up a blunt, he's running over traffic cops. It never ends with him. What the queens need is another 'Golden Boy' like Favre.
tongue.gif

With a statement like that,I think you're the one smoking the blunt. Grow up.

Sorry Ole, just having some fun.

Everyone knows that Moss is the greatest player to ever take the field.

I doubt that there is even one football player who is not taking pain killers on Monday morning, Moss included. I would hope most are smart enough not to get hooked but who knows. Not many have the guts to come out admit it and beat it I'll bet. If any of you football lovers out there have not read North Dallas Forty then you do not know what football is really like. I do not mean the movie, I mean the book. It is a great book about football players.

You wanna talk about a punk? I bleed Viking purple and I'll be the first to say that Michael Bennet is a punk. tongue.gif How much is he getting paid to hobble around the sidelines? The backs we have in there now are doing fine. I say make Bennet trade bait, if anyone wants him.

I think the big difference between Packer fans and Viking fans is there willingness to forgive.

When Favre leads the pack to a 4th quarter come from behind victory then all I hear about at work is how great he is from Pack fans. The Packer fans forget that he through 3 picks earlier in the game to put them in that situation.

If Favre played for the Vikes and that happened then us Viking fans would come to work grumbling about how the team never should have been in that position in the 1st place. grin.gif

Being injured and unproductive does not make you a punk.

Michael Bennet is a CLASS ACT all the way around.

A little story-

My brother went to some vikings function a couple years ago and got to talk to him. He mentioned that his son was a big Bennet fan. MB then asked for my bro's phone number, took out his cell phone and called him right then and there! He talked to my bro's son for like 10 minutes and then after he got off the phone, he told my bro to bring him back the next day so he could meet him. He got to take pics and get an autograph. Now, my brother had never met MB before and MB went out of his way to do this. Name 1 other pro athlete that would that.

Now, I would consider a punk to be someone who blows off fans, gets in trouble with the team and the law and has a me-first attitude. I don't think MB fits in that catagory.

Regarding Moss' "blocking abilities" (hee-hee):

Quote:

Being at the game, I was able to see the whole field, unlike those of you who watched it on TV...

You don't have to be at the game and see the whole field, the TV shows the line of scrimmage and then some...

Quote:

...He (Moss) threw some nasty blocks last weekend and I have seen more and more of this type of play every week.

"Randy Moss", and "nasty blocks" cannot AND do not get used in the same sentence...just ask Randy, he'll tell ya. Pathetic blocker is what he is...

Quote:

Everyone knows that Moss is the greatest player to ever take the field.

You're joking right? The game has a Hall of Fame full of players that Randy will never surpass...and I mean NEVER! He's a born loser...

Bennet may be a great guy off the field, but he doesn't live up to the hype or anything close to the value of his contract. He's taking up more than his fair share of the payroll by riding the pine.

I'd rather they traded him and put that money to use on competent coaching or a decent long term kicker.