• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite "On Ice" snack or meal?

LittleRanger

It's all good! I can eat just about anything and in large quantities to! Once I get my motor running, I can knock down some vittles and the older I get, the less choosey I'am

about the grub.

Of course I have my favorite stuff, just like everyone else, but my list of favorite stuff is pretty long and I'am apt to add new stuff to the list as soon as YOU get it cooked!

If you are cooking and I'am fishing, my favorite is about a 12 course meal...if I'm cooking, a can of coke and a couple packs of jalapeno cheese crackers will get er done.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neighbor could you send me that jalapeno salmon recipy? That sounds like a great idea!

I like Venison Peperoni sticks, crackers and cheese, jalapeno chips, peanutbutter rice crispy bars with frosting and Mt.Dew. Maybe a adult beverage as well. I also like the snackables and tuna/cracker meals. Even come with a mint for that bad breath when done eating it. wink.gif

in this order:beer,sardines w/dab of mustard on chicken in a bisquit crackers,jerkey,planters cheese balls occasionally we cook cheddarworst on grill (weather permitting)allthough every thing mentioned in this thread sounds delicious!

Quote:

The suasage was awesome! Don't wory about the pate... I've still got a couple of batches of striper left to smoke. I might actually be headed out tonight for more
wink.gif

Ok...I guess you can have the couch. wink.gif I'm dying for some of that pate right now. frown.gif That smoked striper with horseradish sause was pretty yummy too. grin.gif

Last year I caught a 13 inch Crappie and had it for a snack the next weekend while fishin for more. Cooked it up on a small charcoal grill on a cast iron skillet with onions and butter! HUM HUM Then while the coals were still hot, cooked up some steak tips as well. Beef jerky is great for those days when it's just too cold to cook or when I'm too lazy.

Has anyone had any bad ice house food, NOT ME. Anything that fills my belly and enables me to stay there longer is good IMO. I just like soup because it is cheap, at .50$ a can who can complain about a meal. I get the redy to cooked stuff but not the $2.00 a can brand names. I guess it just feels good to get some warm food in my belly. Good thing this topic was brought up it reminds me I got to go pick up a couple hundred cans. laugh.gif

BoilerGuy....excuse my ignorance, but what the hells a "Canned Pork Chop"? Your not talking about those little weenies in a can, or some kind of C or K ration are you?

The reason I'am interested is because me and Pork Chops, we be mates! In the oven, in the skillet, on a stick, on the grill, but in a can? What am I missing here?

My fravorite snack in the morning is a homade omlet. make it at home, trow in any pre cooked meat. add veggies of your liking whip up the eggs milk cheese etc. pour it all into a zip lock. bring liteweight pan fill with lake water and boil till done on mr heater cooker or whatever you have. till dune then eat it right out of the zip lock.add sale/pepper as needed, its eazy to haul and not much left when done. I made a lot of these for the Burnt side Bash and it was a hit. grin.gif Nels

I Will have to check with the judges, but I think we have a winner. Definitely for creativity.

Northernnels and his omelet in a zip lock bag. This could make the whole topic worth posting and reading. Throw some cayenne pepper in the mix, garlic salt..........going to try at home first I think to perfect batter. wink.gif

Grebe, if you are still confused it's because you've never heard the phrase, "Beer, because there's a pork chop in every can".

The floor of our fish house usually has a layer of broken chips, pretzels, and boken peanut shells. I have about 2 pounds of frozen chilli I made earlier this fall that will make it out to the fish house, but you cannot beat the venison. Also it helps to wash it down with a cold one and for desert a shot of the Dr. McGillicuty's.(sp?)

I think that the snacks are the main reason my kids go to the lake. I had to put a standing rule in place "no eating until the rods are set up". Otherwise I don't even have the holes drilled and I hear little voices "I'm hungry..." Sliced summer sausage, smoked sharp cheddar, and crackers.