• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FishingMinnesota 2004 Big Buck Contest

2004 FishingMinnesota Big Buck Contest

This contest is free to enter. No need to enter until you get your buck. Please read below for instructions. Photos must include the staple item listed below or date stamp to be elgible for Big Buck. Smallest buck and strangest buck do not require the staple item or date stamp.

The winner of this contest will have "2004 FishingMinnesota Big Buck Champion" on their signature for a full year, and be defending their crown again in '05.

The 2004 FishingMinnesota Big Buck Champion title is at stake!

Rules

• Must be a Whitetail deer
  • Deer must be harvested between Nov.5 - Dec.20th
  • Deer must be harvested during the regular gun season for the state your hunting (not bow season or muzzleloader season).
  • All entries will be due by Dec.20th.
  • Staple item that must clearly be displayed in your photo:

- Paper with "FM" written on it, or:

- One Dollar bill

- or date stamp

• Voting for winners will take place starting on Dec.21st.
  • Winners will be announced after voting period is over.
  • deer can be taken with a shotgun/rifle, bow or muzzleloader as long as it is taken during the regular gun season
  • must be harvested within the U.S.
  • post the photo of you and your deer under this thread (with your staple item displayed in the photo)
  • post additional photos if available to help with judging (these need not include the staple item)
  • list # of points - To be counted a point, the projection must be at least one inch long, with the length exceeding width at one inch or more of length. All points measured from tip of point to nearest edge of beam as illustrated below.

scoring_point.gif

• list inside spread - measured as (D) in the illustration below

scoring_wttp2.gif

• location that buck was taken (nearest town and state)

Please do not include the B&C scoring for this as it won't be possible to verify.

Final judging will be in the form of a poll on this forum - voting will take place starting on Dec.21st.

Categories

FishingMinnesota Big Buck of 2004 FishingMinnesota Big Buck of 2004 (runner up) FishingMinnesota Strangest Buck of 2004 FishingMinnesota "Tastes Great" of 2004 (smallest buck entered)

To Enter:

Post a photo or photo(s) of your deer on this forum/topic. Only 1 photo must include the staple item or date stamp - more photos may be posted for judging purposes. Include inside spread and number of scoring points, along with location of your harvest. Remember that the photo must have either of the following clearly displayed to be elgible:

• one Dollar bill
  • piece of paper with "FM" written on it
  • date stamp

We encourage you all to enter your bucks no matter how big they may be - this is free and we all enjoy looking at deer photos. Let's see those bucks everyone! Good luck this year and everyone please BE SAFE!

------------------------------------------------------

2004 Big Buck Entries

Entry #1 - Biglakeba$$

-------------------------

Legal Points: 11 pts.

Inside Spread: 19.5"

Deeropener2004.jpg

Deeropener20045.jpg

Entry #2 - Sand Burr

Date: 11/12/04

Legal Points: 8 pts.

Inside Spread: 14"

fmdeer1.jpg

fmdeer2.jpg

Entry #3 - CorynTracySellHomes

Date: n/a

Legal Points: 6 pts.

Inside Spread: 20"

buck1.jpg

Entry #4 - gvt

Legal Points: 17 pts.

Inside Spread: 19.75"

04%20buck.jpg

04%20buck%202.jpg

04%20buck%20fm.JPG

Entry #5 - lawdog

Date: 11/16/04

Legal Points: 8 pts.

Inside Spread: 14", G1 4.5", 9.25" G2

Jeffbuck.jpg

mn04buck13rh.jpg

Entry #6 - hanson

Legal Points: 2 pts.

Inside Spread: n/a

ChrissSpike20043.jpg

Entry #7 - tjm

Date: 12/4/04

Legal Points: 10 pts.

Inside Spread: 21"

tjm_buck.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are going with Exude on the FM title idea - thanks I think that is a great idea.. The winner of this contest will have this on their signature for a full year, and be defending their crown again in '05.

"2004 FishingMinnesota Big Buck Champion"

The 2004 FishingMinnesota Big Buck Champion title is on the line!

Borch - great idea. I'll think of an item that can be added to the photos to prove that it was at least shot after this contest was started (this will be in place of the time/date stamp). I'll announce that here tomorrow (as I'm sure a lot of guys will be heading of of town tomorrow and early Friday).

Here are a couple additions to the rules (I also put these in the main document):

• Must be a Whitetail deer
  • Deer must be harvested between Nov.5 - Nov.28th
  • Deer must be harvested during the regular gun season for the state your hunting (not bow season or muzzleloader season).
  • All entries will be due by Dec.4th.
  • Staple item that must clearly be displayed in your photo is either on of the following:

- Paper with "FM" written on it, or:

- One Dollar bill

• Voting for winners will take place from Dec.5th - Dec.9th.
  • Winners will be announced on Dec.10th

We encourage you all to enter your bucks no matter how big they may be - this is free and we all enjoy looking at deer photos cool.gif.

I'll accept that BLB, since you do have the date stamp on the photo.

Anyone who wants to submit for bucks without the FM paper or $bill, go ahead and I will make a judgement on those. That did come out pretty late and I'm sure some were not aware. I'm not going to require it for strangest buck and smallest buck. Proof of the date you shot the buck will be required for any of those in contention for big buck or runner-up (paper with FM on it, $bill, or date stamp on your camera).

As of now, we have one entrant for big buck - Biglakeba$$ with a dandy 11 pt. Remember to keep scoring details out of this forum, those will not be used for judging deer for this contest. # of legal points, inside spread, and photo(s).

Sounds like a great "contest" however it will exclude any Iowa deer hunters as shotgun season is Dec 4 - 19th. I don't really know how many Iowa, FM members there are, also it could just be a Minnesota deer contest??