• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FishingMinnesota 2004 Big Buck Contest

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CorynTracySell,

I did grow up in Hastings, class of '93, It looks like you are a couple years older than me though. cool.gif Not for sure but judging by your picture. I see your last name is Frantzick, I bet your brother is Nate, whom I graduated with and hung around with once in a while back in the days. You look alot alike and not alot of Frantzicks. Thats cool, what is Nate up to these days?

Ya Dan it is a ND buck. I got it last Sat. Not big enough to win anything but I will take it any day of the season. Darn thing decided to take a swim in the river before it died. I had to take 3 smoke breaks grin.gif just to get it from the bottom of the river bank to the top of the bank.

NDBuck.jpg

Hey Stratosman

Yep, Nate is my big little brother! He is working as a union Iron worker and still lives in Hastings. He has two of the cutest little girls ya ever did see!

I graduated in '90 just a few years a head of you.

Do you fish any bass tourneys? I assume with a name like Stratosman you are a basser?

Cory Frantzick

90 huh? I bet you know my brother in law Rob Groth then? Maybe he graduated in '91. I primarily fish bass, don't really fish too many tourny's though, usually one or two a summer. Fish lots of muskies too. I wouldn't mind fishing a few more tournaments, next summer might be tough because my wife is expecting and she is due May 16th. Our first.

Man I havn't seen Nate in a long time, I suppose two little girls tend to keep one busy. Say hi to him for me if you see him at Thanksgiving and if you ever mosey down to hastings and want to fish let me know!

I was lucky enough to take this buck on opening day this year. I had to pull the head and cape out of the freezer for the "FM" picture.

04 buck.jpg

04 buck 2.jpg

04 buck fm.JPG

Legal Points: 17 pts.

Inside Spread: 19.75"

Here we go with my, errr, big buck entry! grin.gif

Definitely the biggest spike I've ever shot! I'm pretty proud of every deer I shoot but this was my 2nd for the season out of the same stand shot in nearly the exact same place as the deer I shot opening weekend. It was fairly low light when I shot this deer and I thought it was a nice doe. When I found it, it had spikes! I was pretty excited.

Our party of 5 only harvested 3 deer total, 2 were mine. It wasn't a very good year.

ChrissSpike20043.jpg

OK BigLakeBass says I was being summoned, so here's the info on my buck...

He is a very symmetrical 8 pointer. Not that wide at 14" but he has very nice tine height. The brow tines are both 4 1/2". The tallest main tines are 9" and 9 1/4" respectively. The next tines are a little over 7" and 8" respectively.

I shot him at 7:05 a.m. on Tuesday (11/16) before work as BLB mentioned. He was shot in the 4B zone (Pipestone County to be exact). He was shot with a single sabot slug at about 70 yards while trailing a doe.

The film from the field is at the processors and they take forever to turn it into a CD, but that has the better pic in the field and I'll get that to BLB for posting. I even took one with a bill in it to show its current...