• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing Show?

jltimm

The Ice Show is a pretty good time for us ice fishin gear heads. One tip though - Don't waste your money eating the high priced junk/concession food at the show, instead walk kiddi corner across the street to Cosetta's Italian deli (on 7th st). for the best Cafeteria style Italian food in the cities. (reasonable $$ too ) It's worth the two block walk.

PS (I'M not trying to promote this place, I just think they've got really good food)

Some great deals are in play at the show as the vendors will generally negotiate with you on prices. I purchased a otter sled combo last year from Reeds and paid about 100 under retail. I do agree with the above post about the food, it is pretty poor. They need to bring over the food from the Xcel. All in all a great time, my dad and I look forward to it every year.

Oh good! Seems like the show is the weekend before my birthday. Everybody should buy me something for ice fishing while they are there.

I'm hoping to make it but right now it doesn't look promising. frown.gif

Those vendors are willing to wheel and deal with you. I told Thorne Bros's I'd buy a new rod from them if they threw in about $10-15 of tackle. A guy was promoting some new lures and so I had the sales rep throw some of the lures in with the rod.

He was willing to even wheel a reel for me, but I wasn't in the market for one of those.

December 4th weekend- I'll book it!