• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish house build

Wally2045

Got brakes? If not, get em. Your holes look a little close to the wall by your wheel boxes, you might have to trim the sides of your hole covers. I did the same thing, not a big deal. Why all the room up front with o hole? That’s a great spot to slit up between a door & hole And a bathroom. Be sure the door hinges toward the front. Good start. 

Oops, sorry I didn't look closer at your pictures. Holes are ok as I didn't see how you insulated the floor. I prefer foam but insulation of any kind is a must. I would reconsider your door location and large storage (bathroom?) area in the front. That's a  lot of floor space to take out of a house your size. Site is screwed up and won't let me modify my last post. Look up Lip Ripper Guy's posts, you'll get 100's of good ideas. That hole in my bathroom/storage wall is where I put a tv, it takes up zero space from inside house. 

IMG_0304.JPG

Good job, it looks great. Just curious, did you caulk around your windows? I was told there was no need by the siding guys but I have to believe the water has to go somewhere as it runs down the sides.?.?

Edited by Hawg

Like the color scheme! Did a similar one a few years back. Still going strong with little to no rust! Yea I'm curious on Hawg's question. I have re-caulked my windows (same brand as yours) and have had not water issues. Is a bit of a chore and on-going maintenance. Let us know!

Seating is always a pain in these things.. I've been unable to find a good way to make it space-saving, comfortable and fishable. What are your plans there?

Thanks, 

One thing i'm super glad I did was take detailed notes on where the wiring is all located. Pictures with a tape measure  and drawings outlining wire placement. Has save a-lot of headaches with updates (rattle reels, couches, beds, bottle openers, antlers, etc). 

Those wiring notes are invaluable. I never put in a screw or nail without checking them. Seating with those table/ booth things has to be the most uncomfortable things on earth. Never quite big enough to sit at and a pain to get in and out of. I did a couch type thing and have a collapsible table I keep in the bathroom for playing cards and stuff. You can store a TON of stuff under it too. 

A11230C4-D07E-4A9B-BC9B-F0E3A407BE06.jpeg

025E89D9-F248-4E44-B1F0-A703436C65F5.jpeg

D122C387-2A6D-47B1-9EEF-88855F2818FC.jpeg

What he said ^^^^^^^

I created a "build book" that I keep in the fish house. It is fun to look back and reminisce on the building of the shack when fishing is slow. I took measurements of the main runs before spray foaming and wrote them in. I is also easy to count the number of pine boards each run is up on the inside..... One of the other benefits of finishing from the inside to the outside!

image.png.515162093d795f275df9498512de12cf.png

image.png.f6f57dcfefcfe7d0892bf4a74139cb1a.png

image.png.8dd1c33c00c16f669ff01876a9e05029.png

I did exactly the same thing, those pictures are invaluable. Mine starts with the bare trailer the day I brought it home. Man, that was a lot of work hours ago.  What needs to be done to get people back on HSO

Edited by Hawg

On 12/4/2020 at 8:09 AM, rundrave said:

shut down facebook :)  

I miss the glory days on here and seeing these builds 

Definitely spent a lot of time reviewing builds like LilRipper and Hawg. Pretty crazy how things can change. Personally with all of the keyboard warriors that are out in the FB world, I appreciate it here.

On 12/3/2020 at 9:23 AM, Hawg said:

Those wiring notes are invaluable. I never put in a screw or nail without checking them. Seating with those table/ booth things has to be the most uncomfortable things on earth. Never quite big enough to sit at and a pain to get in and out of. I did a couch type thing and have a collapsible table I keep in the bathroom for playing cards and stuff. You can store a TON of stuff under it too. 

A11230C4-D07E-4A9B-BC9B-F0E3A407BE06.jpeg

025E89D9-F248-4E44-B1F0-A703436C65F5.jpeg

D122C387-2A6D-47B1-9EEF-88855F2818FC.jpeg

Hawg......you still around here?

If so, would you mind telling me more about how this bench works? I'm thinking about remodeling my old shack sometime and this looks like exactly what I need.

It's hinged but yes, friction holds it upright. I thought at first I might have to put pins in it to hold the bottom back but it doesn't move. It stays whether you want it in straight back or full slouch position. It really does work great, I have never sat in a comfortable booth type thing in a fish house so I didn't go that way. I wish I would have gone to one step softer foam but it's still just fine. I took the leftover foam and put it on the ends as you can see in the picture and cut holes for cans. That has to be the ultimate can cooler.?  The best thing is how much storage you get underneath. 

On 2/2/2021 at 10:01 PM, Bri Guy97 said:

Where did you get your siding? I've been trying to find that style of siding with no luck. Also did you J-trim around your windows??

I have the same stuff and got it at Metal Sales in Rogers. 

On 2/12/2021 at 1:46 PM, HUJU said:

I have the same stuff and got it at Metal Sales in Rogers. 

Thanks! When installing the panels did you use J channel on the corners or diamond plate? I was thinking about using diamond plate & using butyl tape to seal up the corners since the panel is corrugated & not flat.

Edited by Bri Guy97