• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nils Master Usa

Ordered a New Nils 6" Trekker and a 14" extension direct from Brian Casavant of Nils Master USA last winter. My nightmare's started not long after usage with my cordless drill. First to go wrong was the drill adapter piece broke. Brian Casavant of Nils when called just happened to have "ONE" new one left and was shipped to me. Brian said their job shop Welders had received later than normal orders on this piece, hence a inner weld was missing or not done on some of the drill adapters(hmm...does my replacement have a missing weld too???) Secondly, I go to put on my 14" extension and practically had to get a bearing or pully puller to seperate my main extension to fit in the 14" extension. So, Brian Casavant of Nils excuses for this were some over spray paint had happened on my model and the tube wall thickness wasn't to specks. Okay fine, finally with my dad helping and block and tackle were able to get it apart. Thirdly, Nils uses Wing Nuts and Bolts to fasten together there auger sections, drill adapters and blades. Yeah, you should check tightness after every use, but I was told again by Brian Casavant of Nils Masters USA. that when your drill a hole the Wing Nuts/Bolts are designed to self tighten!!! Hmm..I drilled some holes and went to drill another and no blades!!! Over a $60 part to re-order from Nils. Good thing I found my blade section half way down the hole before using some anglers underwater camera to search for it in 18 feet of water! Fourthly, and still hadn't drilled many hole's with my new setup and go to drill a hole and the main auger section isn't spinning. Then inner weld on that section breaks. So call Brian Casavant again who won't speak to me at this point or reply back to my emails, finally tells me I'll have to wait until September 2018 till Nils Masters "NEW" and "IMPROVED" auger will be available to receive my main replacement.auger section.

At this point I requested a full refund under the Nils Warranty(Attached) and gladly ship my "NEW" and obviously defective Nils 6" Trekker and 14" extension back to Nils Master USA, granted they pay for shipping because I already paid for it once when I ordered the auger. Brian Casavant of NIls told me they couldn't do that and under their Warranty they can only send me the "NEW" and "IMPROVED" main auger section. [PoorWordUsage]???? Sorry my abbreviations, but that's not what my Warranty Card clearly State's(#2 on Warranty Card). If I had bought it from a retailer, a retailer would of gladly taken the auger back and refunded me my purchase price.

September 2018 has come and gone now. September 4th I sent Brian Casavant of Nils Master USA, VA and email again asking for a full refund and no reply ever came back yet. Two days later I sent another and final email to Nils Masters USA, VA and still never got a reply back even though Brian Casavant and one other are the only people who work for Nils Master USA. Nils Augers are all Job Shopped out and made else where. I don't think Brian Casavant and his counterpart even assemble, package and ship Nils products out. 

So what are my options now to get a full refund for my defective Nils Auger? Maybe that main Auger section will show up before needing my auger, but what about my blades now that are dull because the rest of the auger failed at time's during limited usage? Two weeks ago I filed a complaint with the BBB that covers those eastern states and NIls Master USA replied back to them with a section of their Warranty, failing to show the BBB #2 on my Warranty Card, that this was the way Nils Limited 2 year Warranty operates and replaces defective parts up to a 2 years and that my experiences with my "NEW" NIls 6" Trekker Auger was due to improper usage. [PoorWordUsage]??? Sorry again for my abbreviation, but how can miss welds and obviously poor weld jobs done by Nils welders be "IMPROPER USAGE" on my behalf? The BBB is a joke also, never contact them because they don't protect or side with the Consumer.

Any positive feedback would be appreciated. I don't know what I can do from this point. Last Spring I thought about filing a Small Claims and after finding out what it cost to do so, figured even if I would win a Small Claims, I would be out of money on the deal. Hire a Lawyer? Hmm..more money that I don't have to get one. If anybody thinks I'm in the wrong about my individual experience with my Nils Auger, call the store manger of Marine General in Duluth, MN and ask him how many of their customers returned Nils Ice Augers last Winter.

Nils1.jpeg

MuskyJo,   I removed your other two threads so we can keep all replies together here. 

I know Nils had some drill adapters that were having problems like yours.

In each of the cases that I've heard,  Nils replaced those units just as they did for you and some guys didn't bother with replacement and did a button weld themselves. Obviously your replacement failed again.   The warranty you posted states "repair or replace".   It's likely you haven't gotten a replacement yet because they aren't available yet.   We're a ways away from ice yet, give it time for the replacement to show up.   The wing nuts are there so you can add or take off sections without any tools on the ice.  Yes you have to check them and I'd probably add a lock washer. 

I think you just had a bad experience. Nills is a great company and makes good products. Also the owner of marine Genral , (Russ) is probably the owner of the best outdoor fishing type store in the state. They do anything for there customers and I’ve always been super happy with my shopping experiences there. I think you just a fluke and bad experience. 

Always love when someone joins a forum only to post multiple copy and paste complaints. I guess he never thought to ask what others thought and where would be the best place to buy said product. The way he used his Nils sounds even more questionable. Wing nuts on a drill head sounds plain wrong. My Nils came with nylon nuts on both my 6" and 8"drills. Mine fit tight so I took some paint off and also put some grease on it so it would be easier to take a part when it needed to be sharpened.

Also noticed this person signed up on another forum and made this his first post with the SAME copy and paste. Funny he could find the forums to complain but not when he should have been asking advice. Another thought might be that he works at a company that is tanking due to Nils and K Drill winning the market of drill adapters and no one wants to buy a gas auger.

Really hate when people post once and then they are gone. Who wants to respond when you are not even sure your advice will even be read or in this case it is never even asked.  Plenty of members on this site who would offer advice if asked.

Rant over !!

Looks like one of those disgruntled customers who decided to post "bad reviews" everywhere they can.   Bet they also went on amazon and gave it 1 star.....

Total temper tantrum maybe?    Any truth about a bad batch of whatever?