• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crop harvest reports Fall 2016...

1eyeReD

OK, guys. Location, what kind of crop and when.

I'll start. Seen a guy getting started with the corn near Cannon Falls the other night. Gonna hunt a trail leading to that field this week if I get a good wind.

OK now, shoot.

Drove from Little Falls to Fargo today.  Most anything left in is corn, and more than I expected see.  Stands to reason for the amounts of water dumped in the area.

Some bean fields are so far done they're being disced for the winter.

It sure looks a lot like fall out there!  I was drooling over some of the birdy looking cover trying to see some roosters.

Actually, come to think of it, I saw hardly any ducks, some geese, no pheasants and no deer.  Huh, I suddenly feel disappointed!

I did see a coyote cross 115 in front of me on the east edge of Randall.  I guess that's something...

Beans are gone, can see many ruts made by the equipment, no corn happening some fields are flooded badly yet in spots, the only gone corn is by the few that chop for cattle and even then some had to avoid the mud/standing water this is an hour north of the metro. Congrats on the doe, got me thinking tenderloins and backstraps.

Yesterday I drove from Detroit Lakes to Glenwood. Took a scenic route off the main highways. Looks like all the bean are out and the guys are attacking the corn fields. Lots of combines going but they have a lot of corn to get through....

Edited by paceman

I would say corn in my area is 80 to 90 percent gone, beans are pretty much all gone.  Combines and gravity boxes are not getting replaced with tractors and plows.  Still heavy farm traffic on the roads, be safe and respect that equipment on the road!   You can wait the extra 10 minutes to get to your deer stand if you have to follow farm equipment.  It's not worth your life or theirs to pass them in a dangerous location.  ( I see this every year)

Farmers are still contemplating their corn's moisture content around Center MN.  Debating if they want to dry it after harvest or continue to let it stand.  Of course some fields are out.

So I guess the prediction on whether the corn will be out by gun opener will hinge on your areas soil type and field drainage characteristics.

SE MN is slowly getting taken out. Was out to pick up some trail cams over the weekend and saw some combines in the process... Majority of the fields I saw from the road are still full of standing corn though.