• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's on the grill

13 hours ago, smurfy said:

Grilled chicken, with hickory chips added for good measure. 

20240207_185029.jpg

I don't do enough chicken on the grill like this and love it!  

The best grilled chicken I ever had was a tent, in the cities where a huge black dude grilled them chared, chop them up with a big meat clever, threw it in some tin foil and grunted $7.50!  Scary area but the best! 😋

On 2/8/2024 at 2:16 PM, chaffmj said:

I understand why you drink a light beer with all that food eat!😁 Looks good!

That should say, I understand why you drink light beer with all that food YOU eat!

12 minutes ago, chaffmj said:

That should say, I understand why you drink light beer with all that food YOU eat!

Well he did say he likes his stuff plain. 😉

Smurf, would you even attempt a sniff at either of these?  I mean, if they use the right peanut butter?

IMG_7926.thumb.jpeg.1926f59789fdd80dba536466349c24c4.jpeg

IMG_7928.thumb.jpeg.747da1f2fd639f8adbc3343e0c4405e4.jpeg

Bad Habit is in St. Joe and Dangerous Man is in Maple Lake.

Edited by Wanderer

51 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Smurf, would you even attempt a sniff at either of these?  I mean, if they use the right peanut butter?

I heard Smurfy has Nut allergies! 🤣

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

Duff seems to like a lot of odd beers maybe he would like these? 

I mean they don't have any pentagrams or goat pictures on them, but maybe? 🤭

1 hour ago, Duffman said:

I'll try funky beers, it's different, doesn't mean I'll like it though. It's nice to taste a taste when it comes got beer.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout is my favorite beer when I find the right one.  The DM one was close, even if missing the chocolate and being porter.  Today I got their chocolate milk stout.  Better…. My wife who can’t stand dark beer even likes it.

11 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout is my favorite beer when I find the right one.  The DM one was close, even if missing the chocolate and being porter.  Today I got their chocolate milk stout.  Better…. My wife who can’t stand dark beer even likes it.

I agree, I love the flavor of Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout!

37 minutes ago, smurfy said:

🤔 chocolate and peanut butter??????? why not just have a reeses peanut butter cup!!!!!!🤣 no sense in ruining good beer......bet they even use skippy peanut butter in the beer!!!!🤗

Peanut butter cups and the beer DO pair nicely, LOL!  Consider it a dessert beer.  

I rarely have more than 2 in a day, sometimes just one.  That vs 3-6 or more of any lights is fine with me since I don’t drink a lot.  I mean, it’s not a sport for me like it is for some!  Not saying YOU “sport drink”!

An example: Going to Canada I bring a 6 pack instead of a case, or whatever the duty free limit is and I’m fine.  I’ve seen groups have 10 cases stacked up on the dock.  I have one with dinner and I’m good.

Edited by Wanderer

31 minutes ago, smurfy said:

👍🤔 guess i'm not quite reformed just yet.........i dont by beer in anything smaller then a 24 pack!!!!🤗  i dont drink it all at one time though!!!!1😆

You mean they sell beer in quantities smaller than a case? Never heard of such a thing. 

I have an insider deal on Beer made in MN and the last time I went up north to pick some up they brought me 9 cases of pounders and 5 cases of seltzer stuff for the wife. filled my wife's Bronco Sport right up. Only reason I didn't get more is because they didn't have more.

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

👍🤔 guess i'm not quite reformed just yet.........i dont by beer in anything smaller then a 24 pack!!!!🤗  i dont drink it all at one time though!!!!1😆

1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

You mean they sell beer in quantities smaller than a case? Never heard of such a thing. 

I have an insider deal on Beer made in MN and the last time I went up north to pick some up they brought me 9 cases of pounders and 5 cases of seltzer stuff for the wife. filled my wife's Bronco Sport right up. Only reason I didn't get more is because they didn't have more.

I’m proud of you boys! LOL!

Dang, since I'm not a big beer guy.  I'm just trying to locate a few cans with out buying a case to do some cooking with, beer cheese soup-fish, beard=cheap!  :P

On 12/6/2023 at 7:49 PM, leech~~ said:

Plus we made our one trip a year down to the Big yellow candy store already this year

Looks like this place is moving: Minnesota’s Largest Candy Store prepares for big move

I will also be taking a detour when I visit that way again as this sounds like a mess I want to avoid on my way to the cities:

The upcoming Highway 169 grade-separated interchange project at the same intersection was the deciding factor behind this move. The construction project, which is slated to start this May and finish in spring of 2025, will cut off the store’s access to Highway 169 — permanently.