• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's on the grill

16 hours ago, smurfy said:

Burgers from a new butcher shop.👍 good flavor 

20231206_174941.jpg

Which one?  I've been trying them all around the cloud.  Just had Elk burgers from McDonald's Clear lake last week and Bison tonight.  :P

Edited by leech~~

i've lived in Richmond and now cold spring all my life. my brother ordered a half of beef from this place called Homegrown meats , had never heard of it. know why now, when i picked it up it was established in 2020.  its just south of browns lake at the intersection of 22 and cty rd 43.  nice little place.

he called both Plantenbergs and breagelmans in Richmond........they are 6 months out. Breagelmans actually referred my brother to this place.  he said it was cheaper also!!!!!

i'll be taking some venny trimmings to Mcdonalds in 2 weeks for summer sausage and sticks!!!!!

plantenbergs will get the rest for bologna and hot dogs!!!!! you cant eat other bologna or weiners once you've had theirs!  mcdonalds SS and sticks are also topof the line as far as i'm concerned!

6 minutes ago, smurfy said:

i've lived in Richmond and now cold spring all my life. my brother ordered a half of beef from this place called Homegrown meats , had never heard of it. know why now, when i picked it up it was established in 2020.  its just south of browns lake at the intersection of 22 and cty rd 43.  nice little place.

he called both Plantenbergs and breagelmans in Richmond........they are 6 months out. Breagelmans actually referred my brother to this place.  he said it was cheaper also!!!!!

i'll be taking some venny trimmings to Mcdonalds in 2 weeks for summer sausage and sticks!!!!!

plantenbergs will get the rest for bologna and hot dogs!!!!! you cant eat other bologna or weiners once you've had theirs!  mcdonalds SS and sticks are also topof the line as far as i'm concerned!

Take a trip down to Belle Plaine. I'll show you some good hot dogs.

Just made Minnesota style summer sausage (blueberries wild rice and honey) for thew first time today. 

mn summer sausage.jpg

🙄yea you lost me when you mentioned honey!!!!!! and honestly i'm not a fan of all those "extra"ingredients in my meats.....especially that high temp cheese......yucky!!!!

plantenbergs has all kinds of that type of stuff.......i pass, only get plain sausage and brats.

iffin i was still on the union payroll i would take ya up on that as i travelled through belle plaine on my way back from siouxfalls now and then!!!!! now that i'm on a srick budget......thats a long way to go fer a weinie!!!!!🤣

Edited by smurfy

18 minutes ago, smurfy said:

🙄yea you lost me when you mentioned honey!!!!!! and honestly i'm not a fan of all those "extra"ingredients in my meats.....especially that high temp cheese......yucky!!!!

plantenbergs has all kinds of that type of stuff.......i pass, only get plain sausage and brats.

iffin i was still on the union payroll i would take ya up on that as i travelled through belle plaine on my way back from siouxfalls now and then!!!!! now that i'm on a srick budget......thats a long way to go fer a weinie!!!!!🤣

I'm game to try anything but yeah, I'm not into a lot of fruit or sweety meats.  Plus we made our one trip a year down to the Big yellow candy store already this year. 😋

1 hour ago, snagfinder said:

I drive by that candy barn all the time its crazy how busy it always is. Ive lived not 5 miles from it for 49 years. Been there once.

We actually hardly buy any of the candy, but they have so much other good stuff like the Pies, apple bread, canned and jar pickled stuff, hot sauces etc. 😋

On 12/6/2023 at 7:27 PM, smurfy said:

I'll bring you some wieners up there in the spring when I'm fishing in Richmond.

On 12/7/2023 at 10:59 AM, leech~~ said:

We actually hardly buy any of the candy, but they have so much other good stuff like the Pies, apple bread, canned and jar pickled stuff, hot sauces etc. 😋

The best stuff there is the meat!!!!!