• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Check your fridge fellas

Alfalfa sprout E.coli outbreak, cco is reporting in MN and WI some hospitalized after consuming,  great the Mrs had this on her wrap today, with any good fortune I won't be holding her hair to keep it out of the toilet later. I didn't see a link so I'll do my best with a photo. 

image1.PNG

Yes. Lamb. Lamb is safe. :D

Seriously, that's not something I'd wish on anyone. Got severe food poisoning a few years ago. Wished I was dead.Trying to get more veggies into the diet lately. Will scratch sprouts off the list for a while. Thanks for the heads up and hope the Mrs. is OK. :)

My son had it last year this time.  Difficult thing about it is obtaining a lab report from the feces sample takes about the same amount of time for it to run-its-course once they realize it is not the flu or something else. 

23 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

Bobber, here's the Lot #...   042016 . Remember to clean your entire 'fridge are with bleach and water, and toss whatever may have touched them.....

Maybe you can remove your bad "Alfalfa sprouts" from the frig-with your Man Card!  :/

Awsome! havent heard that one in decades. Yippie YI Yaa Smurf pattie.

smurf road into town one day was hopeing to learn how to fish.

Boar had some backstrap jerkey, alls smurf could say was ish!   Yippie Yi Yaa Smurf patty

4 hours ago, bobberineyes said:

That's about right reb...:eek: leech, go ahead and think  what you want, I don't do those spermy looking things..

Spermy?   Project much?   Is there some traumatic event in your past you would like to confess? 

11 hours ago, Boar said:

Awsome! havent heard that one in decades. Yippie YI Yaa Smurf pattie.

smurf road into town one day was hopeing to learn how to fish.

Boar had some backstrap jerkey, alls smurf could say was ish!   Yippie Yi Yaa Smurf patt

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!! Thta just made my morning....HEEEEEEEEEEE..............:lol:

Edited by RebelSS

1 hour ago, ThunderLund78 said:

I love sprouts.  I wonder what makes them more susceptible to e-coli, it always seems to be sprouts. 

From what I understand, they have to be grown in a warm and moist environment that is a perfect breeding ground for bacteria.  Mung sprouts are another one to avoid.  I've eaten Pho at many a Vietnamese restaurant with Mung sprouts on the side.  No longer add them to my soup.  

Edited by Mid-Lake Rock

Ya sure hope your wife didn't get it too.  A buddy of mine got it from the cheese on pizzas about 20 years ago from that milk product company in White Bear Lake.  It wasn't just a couple of days feeling like he had the flu.  He was sick for over a month and felt like you know what.  He lost about 20 lbs and could only hold down a slice of bread and some 7up a few times a day.  Just a survival till it runs it's course type of thing I guess.  Of course he had lots of Dr. visits too.  Nothing like red meat and maybe a regular vegetable I guess.   The Romans survived with bad food care by drinking red wine.  Now that's an option too..