• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Morning-Weekend Edition

I got woke up three times last night when each person I "presently" live with came home.  10:55 pm which was before her curfew, 11:59 pm which was before his curfew, and at 1:39 am I woke up and texted another person who presently lives here her status. 

The young dog announce every persons arrival with a jump off the bed and some barking...I'm tired this morning.

Ya, who needs an alarm clock.  Grandkids make a decent alarm clock as well, especially our 2 year old.  Seems like she wants attention at 2am and at 7 am is when she gets up to play.  Another "snow storm" coming our way.  5 to 6 inches at first and now 1 to 2.  Not complaining,  we have had a great winter so far.  Only thing is that Leech has to go up north to ride his sled, but look at all the benefits he gets this winter.  Very cheap gas is one, but the major one is the beauty of the north country which is priceless.  good luck.

Did you go check on the nudists to see if they made it through the night reinhard? :D Got chores done with the help of the dogs and got to see the sun. Sharp shinned hawk has the birds chattering which is cool. In one of those chirpy moods meself. No pipes frozen or broken. Wasn't bad outside. Calm and no lambs yet. Just hoping they hold off until after Tuesday. Not sure we'll make Fareway today. That would mean actually unloading the straw by myself first. Ordered a bunch of shrimp from Schwans yesterday as backup. May depend on how much tincture I have! :lol:

O dump....I posted in the OTHER morning thread......$#!@%. I have a knob ache too.  So,   GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   That's the best yer gettin'!!   :angry:

Ok; cut and paste...duh...uh...

Cripes!!! It's freeezin' out!!! Oh ya, GOOD MORNING! Who's up? I am...-3 on my temp-o-matic gauge. Must be clean house today. Maybe. Trying to decide already what's for supper. We sure are food-focused around here. Well, most of us. Smurf's been outta focus for a long time, so I hear. :P Hey, admit it, you wouldn't want me starting a good mornimng thread without pokin' him, would ya?? Not a critter in sight lookin' out the window. Good thing those sheep have wool sweaters, Dotch.  Lots of rabbit and squirrel tracks in the backyard. Used to trap rabbits for a while when I was a kid. Those tracks really told interesting stories sometimes...the hawk that swooped down and grabbed the bunny, or the weasel that fought it to the death. I loved reading those signs and had more fun following and learning from them than the occasional bunrab in my traps. Keep warm guys; time for more cawfee........

Edited by RebelSS

Man it is -26.8 here!  I haven't even gone out to load the wood burner in the shop/garage yet.  Clear bright sunny day.  I guess I get to wear my cool to me new sunglasses today on our shopping trip to the Falls.  Not in any big hurry, will let it warm up a bit.  Will have eggs with some meat and then hit the road.  This must be the bottom out temp day.  It is all up after this.  As I am sitting here at my PC and reading the morning news the cat laying on my desk the deck gave out a crack and the cat even jumped.  lol  We are really enjoying the new cat.  Got her at the Humane Society at the falls a few months ago.  She must be about 3 years old we think?????  15 lb. orange cat. We call her Bob.  I read some fun books on my Kindle, The Mango bob series.  It is about a guy with a motorhome traveling around with a big orange cat named Bob.  He meets some babes and has some adventures.  Good books.   Ya our yellow lab Sammy and Bob are becoming great friends too.  Fun to watch the interaction.  Took my loving wife out to eat last night at a local sports bar we like, Rosalies.  I had a big hunk of prime rib and she had shrimp.  May hit the Chocolate Moose in the Falls today for a brunch.  Fun place also.  Way to cold to stalk RH's nudist camp today.  I bet even they wear clothes today......   I am going to try to buy 7.5 lbs of pork and mix it with 5 lbs of 80/20 beef for some sausage.  That will do half of a 25 lb mix I got.  Will ad RH's milk powder too.  If I mix it today and stuff it tomorrow then I will either do the oven or smoker thing on Monday (Presidents Day) which is a holiday for us union brothers.  :D  If I chicken out and do the oven thing I am wondering how much liquid smoke to put in the mix to get some more flavor?  Let me know if you read this Reiny.  ;)  Well time for another cup of java.  I always have a shot honey in my first cup of the day.  You know what that does for me..........  Later boys have a nice day and bundle up if you go outside..  Hope your heater is working on Red Boar.  Be safe..

6 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

O dump....I posted in the OTHER morning thread......$#!@%. I have a knob ache too.  So,   GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   That's the best yer gettin'!!   :angry:

Next door too late last night huh??????

I've been making it a point to integrate music into my mornings, especially on the weekends.  5 year old woke me up at 6:00am (an HOUR earlier than his weekday routine!). So I stumbled to the coffee pot and then the laptop to get some morning music going.

If you guys want some good morning music, check out a band out of MSP called "The Pines" kind of a somber folk-bluegrass outfit and they have a new album out called "Above the Prairie."  Very nice, calming music with a true midwestern tone.

1 hour ago, Boar said:

for.me its just morning. having a tough time puting the good before it

Your fishing no whining allowed!

Sitting at coville park in red wing watching 2 guys with these enormous cameras taking pics of eagles.

19 minutes ago, ThunderLund78 said:

I've been making it a point to integrate music into my mornings, especially on the weekends.  5 year old woke me up at 6:00am (an HOUR earlier than his weekday routine!). So I stumbled to the coffee pot and then the laptop to get some morning music going.

If you guys want some good morning music, check out a band out of MSP called "The Pines" kind of a somber folk-bluegrass outfit and they have a new album out called "Above the Prairie."  Very nice, calming music with a true midwestern tone.

The minute I get up, the rock goes on. 70's and 80's. it stays cranked all day long. Music is a huge part of my life. It was the same way when I was a kid, my Mom turned the radio on in the am to the that great station in the cities, WDGY...or weegie, and you um, er, "experienced" guys remember that. At nite, if the airwaves were JUST right, it was John Landecker on WLS in Chicago....

Edited by RebelSS

1 minute ago, smurfy said:

It's KQRS for me!

I can't get that real well here anymore, since I dropped Charter, the rip-off cable company. Needed that hooked to my kick-butt receiver to pull it in. Seems like down here I'm unable to get a lot of stations I could years ago.....too much stuff on the airwaves?

"Pert near Sandstone" is good also, as lesser known local bluegrass outfits go.  And of course Trampled by Turtles. 

Classic Rock is ok, but it gets a little boring sometimes since so many of the songs are familiar.   Nice to hear something I don't know once in a while.  

KRPR in Rochester.  Used to like it better at the college.  First heard Sisters of Mercy on KRPR.  Now classic rock with no one-who-thinks-I-am-silly DJ and almost no commercials.

Del, do you ever listen to Shari Renae on KRPR? She is one of the best DJ's I've ever known, and I had a lot that were friends. She has the sweetest, most silky, smooth, REAL honey of a  voice I've EVER heard. I better stop right now....:whistle:

Edited by RebelSS

7 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

I can't get that real well here anymore, since I dropped Charter, the rip-off cable company. Needed that hooked to my kick-butt receiver to pull it in. Seems like down here I'm unable to get a lot of stations I could years ago.....too much stuff on the airwaves?

Golly, reb, just use the computer to feed the aux input on your receiver.   Many streaming music sources out there.  Twangcity.com

KFAT.com from the old days and KPIG.com from Freedom, CA.

And of course KQ streams.  thousands of streaming stations.  Or pay a few bucks for Google Play Music (or try the free streaming) and get access to a whole bunch of music you get to pick. 

Edited by delcecchi

30 minutes ago, smurfy said:

Well this union brother gotta work Monday.:cry:

hmmm.  work?  Presently you are "working" watching guys take pictures of eagles and later this week you are "working" your way up to a spearing weekend.  If you "work" any harder you may have to join the AARP Union. :)

I like you're style.  I've been catching a walleye and taking an order many times in my life.  The deer hunting orders are way harder since you need to whisper.

Lindell,  use 1 to 2 tsp of liquid smoke per 5 pounds of sausage mix.  If you ever use it in a brine use 1 to 2 oz per one gallon of water.  That would be used if you can't use the smoker for Canadian bacon in Pop's brine for example.  As far as the nudist camp,  and it looked like some folks were pretty stiff at that place.  Must be the cold.  good luck.

7 minutes ago, leechlake said:

hmmm.  work?  Presently you are "working" watching guys take pictures of eagles and later this week you are "working" your way up to a spearing weekend.  If you "work" any harder you may have to join the AARP Union. :)

I like you're style.  I've been catching a walleye and taking an order many times in my life.  The deer hunting orders are way harder since you need to whisper.

Work don't start till ten.

The 'puter and receiver are in opposite ends of the house, Del. Not sure how to do that off the 'puter. Audio hook-ups, O ya, do I ever, but off the 'puter....beside, I must listen to Shari....:whistle:   ( I can't post your "quote" here, since HSO is still doing totally screwed things every time I go to post...now it's locking up...$#@!$) This 'puter is toast anyway, still working on getting that new one. Just as soon as I pay that $225 for my February truck tabs, and the upcoming dentist bill.....$#@!

3 minutes ago, smurfy said:

Work don't start till ten.

What??!  Bev';s is open before that!!!!!!!!!!!!  :P

Edited by RebelSS

22 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

"Pert near Sandstone" is good also, as lesser known local bluegrass outfits go.  And of course Trampled by Turtles. 

Classic Rock is ok, but it gets a little boring sometimes since so many of the songs are familiar.   Nice to hear something I don't know once in a while.  

KRPR in Rochester.  Used to like it better at the college.  First heard Sisters of Mercy on KRPR.  Now classic rock with no one-who-thinks-I-am-silly DJ and almost no commercials.

The Pines are very similar to Trampled by Turtles, but perhaps a little more somber and a little less hipster.  I will check-out Pert near Sandstone!  Thanks for the suggestion, Del!