• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
not_nuf_time

Isle Royal wolves-moose pop

Wow, quite an article in Saturday Star Tribune about the wolf population on Isle Royal. Three wolves remain alive. The moose population exploding at 22% increase. Thats interesting so our DNR says our moose dieing off isn't all attributed to the wolves. Maybe they should quit lying to us all, look at the Isle Royal data and pull they're heads out...

I see dogs every day, so would I rather see more moose or more dogs? Come on mndnr. We've got enough wolves, the dwindling moose population tells us that. Quit giving various b.s. excuses why our resources (moose and Mille Lacs) are failing. We know the answers.

Actually the recent collaring study has confirmed to the DNR, preliminarily, that it is wolves to a large extent that are hurting the moose population.

The question is what they are going to do about it, once the study is complete.

The question is what they are going to do about it, once the study is complete.

Round up some MN Wolves and dump them on Isle Royal to help those poor last 3 out. They can't eat all those Moose by their selves! Then let the study continue! We like costly studies! wink

The MN DNR agrees that the death of calves is largely by wolves,the adult moose have multiple causes as the DNR also says.

Nature has many angles of attack.

Then they should know they are only 3 Wolves away from a Moose problem! wink

Wouldn't that be something, if we had a Moose problem in this state instead! shocked

Moose on Isle Royal have been on the rebound for the past several years, the herd now numbers over 1200 animals. With only three wolfs left on the island there is growing concern that the moose population will grow unchecked and may hit the high of 2500 animals of the mid 90's. Trouble there is that there will be so many animals that they could eat themselves right off the island. An adult moose eats 40# a day. Isle Royal National Park is in Michigan and is not administered by the MN DNR Wolves have been studied on the island for over 40 years, Michigan only has a wolf population of a little more then 600 animals.

It seems that there are not.

www.nps.gov/isro/learn

Nope, no deer on the island. So if we want moose, we need to get rid of all the deer and most of the wolves. We are almost there with the deer, now just need to have too many wolf tags given to trappers. whistlewink

I say, pop the last 3 Wolves and use the island as a "Moose rearing pond" to send them to other states for some new blood lines! wink

Mn must have the same dnr crew as wi.......they are bringing in more elk to feed the hungry wolves frown