• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Water Usage

Pontooner01

Do I have the right to shut off a neighbors sprinkler when it has been running for 6hrs 8hrs 10hrs even up to 12hrs or more in the same spot and during the day like today the wind is blowing must of it he even starts it at 7:00pm and when I leave to go to work at 5:am the next morning it is still on.Today my wife said it was on when she went to work at 8:30 this morning and it is still on right now and it is 5:45pm.

I don't think you have a right to shut anything off unless it is on your property or causing damage to your property. Maybe your neighbor doesn't know its running so much. I'm sure he will know when the water bill arrives.

a simple knock on the door and say hey I am not sure your aware but your sprinklers seem to run alot in one place...then feel the mood of the person and go from there on how to react next

The answer is no, but do like everyone else says, talk to your neighbor.

I can guarentee he's going to flip out when he gets that bill. A sprinkler running 10-20 GPM at 600 to 1200 gallons per hours gonna get real expensive.

MOst cities charge a base rate of ~$5 per thousand gallons with water and sewer charges. He's paying $5 an hour for watering his lawn. Does anyone want to pay $50 a DAY to water their lawn? Not to mention the rates go up the more water you use.

Depends on your relationship with your neighbor. I forgot and left mine on all night and left for work with it on. He shut it off for me that morning and I was happy that he did. Chances are good 12 hours in one place is not intentional.

I don't know if speaking to them is a good idea. my neighbor cuts his grass as low as the mower goes & was coming into my yard 15/18 feet to turn around so my yard looked like it had crop circles all along the edges. I explained that if he could please make a couple of passes the other direction the other way he wouldn't chop up my lawn. well I now have a very unfriendly neighbor. but at least my yard looks better.

I don't know if speaking to them is a good idea. my neighbor cuts his grass as low as the mower goes & was coming into my yard 15/18 feet to turn around so my yard looked like it had crop circles all along the edges. I explained that if he could please make a couple of passes the other direction the other way he wouldn't chop up my lawn. well I now have a very unfriendly neighbor. but at least my yard looks better.

Ha - the same neighbor that helped me out scalps the edges of my lawn too. I just let it slide. It does kinda bug me though. I like to keep a tall lawn in the summer. Maybe its just me but I prefer a long, think, green lawn over a scalped, brown, over watered one grin