• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where is everyone

MJ1657

No time to spear this weekend setting up shop and making veni jerky but, I managed to finish a spear that will make its home on Devils Lake ... This is a all steel plain Jane spear its what my friend wanted so its a cold blue steel twisted tine trouble!! Can't wait to see what will be speared with it.

Big thanks to Merkman for helping me wire my lathe! full-15313-51694-photo1.jpg

full-15313-51695-photo3.jpg

full-15313-51696-photo2.jpg

Unseasonably warm temps mean I am sitting in the penthouse of my building doing CHILLER startups rather than sitting on a lake enjoying the view of the under water world and playing with decoys.

Good luck to those that are in the water today. Maybe I will get out there tomorrow.

Took the day to attend a town meeting, then shop. Picked up an Eskimo 767i and started putting my spearing game together. Ready to walk.

full-17997-52000-image.jpg

full-17997-52001-image.jpg

full-17997-52002-image.jpg

It just keeps getting heavier though. And I still have tongs to add - some day.

Hope to give it all a try tomorrow

Whah?????

I hear the spear is the cheatin' part... winkgrin

I was thinking about that after I came in from the garage. Prolly wouldn't use the tip up tomorrow anyway. Just had to stack it all in to see how the sled was loaded. It's just a toy box; I don't have to play with all the toys!

Yaya...

That's another reason to have em but I dug through some of my late Father's things I have stored in the garage and came up with decoy jiggers that have some character. I spooled them with 30 lb line. They're not Green Hornets but I do like that they're spooled so I can pull line off easier if I want to and wrapping up should be a breeze.

full-17997-52007-image.jpg

full-17997-52008-image.jpg

Hey Guys/Gals-Heads up.

I just got in from moving my dark house off of the hole I speared over last Sunday. The hole had opened back up and the SW corner of the house had sunk down level with the existing ice.

It wouldn't have fallen in, but would have froze in pretty deep at a slight angle by next weekend.

This is in the metro area. Yesterday I was spearing a different lake sitting on over 8" and noticed water draining down holes by noon. These were not previously opened fishing holes, but new small openings that had melted down about 4".

Surrounding ice is still solid where I have been the last two days, but very slippery as you can imagine.

Anyways this weather if for the birds!