• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

corn?

rcook72

The beans in the southeast are fast leaving the fields. The corn in some fields looks almost ready and in others not so much. One farmer was still chopping corn silage yesterday. I'm thinking last week in October to 1st week in November corn will start getting combined. Some will probably go sooner, some later. Once the beans are out, we will have to see if the corn heads come on right away.

Fields around me are probably 50% chopped already. Have only seen a couple of fields that have been combined. Seems to be a lot more fields being chopped into silage this year than in the past. Bean fields are still standing for the most part. Only a couple that I have seen have come out.

I'd say over half the beans down here are still in. Acclerated harvests up there! The fields by me aren't even close to being dry yet - still green in areas. Not to mention it's a mudpit. Forecast calling for more rain tomorrow and early next week - it could be awhile!!! smile

Only chopped corn is gone where I'm at, no combines seen, beans haven't been hit yet but most fields look close to ready, I would think anytime on the beans, but combining corn seems a ways out yet. What's with so many coyotes using standing corn this year ? They're in it howling every night an hour before dark, then at dark I can hear them more on the edge running it, scat and tracks down nearly every row as I goose hunted the 30 rows or so that were chopped and I took a look during down time. Bit unnerving, stacking my dekes and they are like 75 yards away in there howling like mad, fully expected maybe a sneak by 1 on my dekes.

Beans are coming out quick here in SW MN and there is some corn coming out too. We got about a week left of beans left and if it stays dry that will be no problem. Did a little walking and picking and corn here is getting close. I am thinking about another week or 2 and we will be hitting the corn pretty hard.