• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Manziel Debate

DrJuice1980

Your question is wrong, I've never said need. I don't like any of these QBs coming out as a 1st overall pick as high as we're picking. So to be fair please rephrase the question, Mini-me LMIT.

I would also like to take bake my Fraud, Phony, and Fool statement. What I should have said was Boil, Cyst, Wart

Not only does Dr. Juice believe in a mythical QB that the Vikings will acquire in, oh, never, he also believes in mythical football seasons where everyone just jumps right to the Super Bowl. After all, "defense wins championships". Forget the rest of the season, I guess.

LOL.

Keep digging.

If you're 9-7 in the regular and win the Super Bowl your Champions. If you're 16-0 and you lose in the Super Bowl, you're not a Champ. I can't believe I needed to explain that to you. What does the regular or post season matter if you don't win it all? You win it all with a team, not a QB. How many rings does Peyton have? How about Marino?

Keep trying Mr Skin Tag

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...l_head_12795760

Last years super bowl teams both spent more money on defensive players than offensive players. Half of the playoff teams spent more on defense than offense, but most teams balance the spending pretty well between the two, with 17 teams spending more money on defense than offense.

Interesting, Jeff. Assuming that the data is accurate, then looking at spending wouldn't give us much of an idea if it's actually true that "defense wins championships," if it's true that looking at spending is an accurate measure of relative importance. The article uses only one year to form its conclusion, which obviously isn't a big enough sample size. I wonder what the ratio has been the past 40 years or so.

The Pack have a -61:00 in time of possession since the injury. Before the injury it was +28:00. In 7 games that Rodgers was QB they only held the ball for 28 more mins than the opponent. The QB/Offense does help the Time of Possession stat but not as much as the Defense when it comes to getting the O back on.

Pretty big swing.

If my post that you replied to did not answer your question then maybe this does.

When's the last time you heard "We need to get the Defense back on the field"

Never.

This is priceless. It just goes to show your ignorance in the football world. If you can't grasp the concept of Rogers carrying the Pack and everything they do, then you have no hope...none.

Juice...I admire your passion but your grasp on reality is laughable.

Carry on....

I don't like any of these QBs coming out as a 1st overall pick as high as we're picking.

So what are your credentials? You obviously must have a pretty spectacular resume when it comes to scouting and grading football talent based on your many posts trying to downgrade every QB in this draft, completely ignoring any statistics available.

Maybe you don't think any QB is worth a first round pick this year, but you are the only one. No one, with actual credentials that makes their opinion valid, agrees with you.

If you're 9-7 in the regular and win the Super Bowl your Champions. If you're 16-0 and you lose in the Super Bowl, you're not a Champ.

And what does going 3-13 year after year make you?

Keep supporting the Vikings failed mantra of "Defense wins championships". It seems to working out well for them in a league of 4000yd+ QBs. LOL!

This is priceless. It just goes to show your ignorance in the football world. If you can't grasp the concept of Rogers carrying the Pack and everything they do, then you have no hope...none.

Juice...I admire your passion but your grasp on reality is laughable.

Carry on....

No what's priceless is your idiocy with not being able to analyze numbers. If it was single handedly Rodgers than why isn't the TOP remotely close to being the exact opposite? The more I look at it the more I see that the Pack had no chance even with Rodgers. That D was too bad. +4mins a game with him? You're crazy if you look at those numbers and come away with that take. It's either you're crazy or LMIT has his hand up you know what controlling you like the little puppet that you are.

Top 5 QB with a terrible team because of a terrible D:

Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons

Reply???

Ryan isn't a top 5 QB, for starters. That said, yeah their D sucks rocks for sure. But they've also been riddled with injuries on O, including losing Steven Jackson for an extended period, losing Roddy White for several weeks, and losing Julio Jones for the season halfway through the year.

So yeah, the D stinks, but it's not the only reason ATL stinks as well.

FWIW, Ryan is 7th in yards, 9th in TD, 11th in rating, 6th in completion %, and 21st in yards per attempt. Just, y'know, so you see it's the numbers and not just me saying he's not a top-5 guy.

Ryan isn't a top 5 QB, for starters. That said, yeah their D sucks rocks for sure. But they've also been riddled with injuries on O, including losing Steven Jackson for an extended period, losing Roddy White for several weeks, and losing Julio Jones for the season halfway through the year.

So yeah, the D stinks, but it's not the only reason ATL stinks as well.

FWIW, Ryan is 7th in yards, 9th in TD, 11th in rating, 6th in completion %, and 21st in yards per attempt. Just, y'know, so you see it's the numbers and not just me saying he's not a top-5 guy.

2012:

Matt Ryan

Season Stats: 422/615; 4,719 passing yards; 32 TD to 14 INT; 99.1 QB rating

Defense: 5th ranked Defense

2013:

Matt Ryan

You already provided the stats

Defense: 29th ranked Defense

I guess it is you just saying it. Nice try untoughguy

Looks like its all about the "D"

got a clue yet?

Matt Ryan has been a top 10 QB since his rookie season, last year he was #4/#5 according to his stats. Then the "D" fell apart.

Has nothing to due with Harry Douglas being his number one receiver over Julio Jones or Roddy White. Those two are obviously the same talent level as Harry Douglas. crazy

Now I'm convinced the Juice is just trolling. The name calling, the specious reasoning (if you can even call it reasoning), relentless question begging. It's sad to watch, but still kinda funny.

I'd like to hear your explanation, O guru, on how Atlanta's defense is responsible for Ryan's decline, and not the injuries on offense. Oh - and he wasn't a top 5 QB before, either. Btw, nice job backpedaling from "top 5" to "top 10." Kind of a big difference between the two.

Keep the comedy gold coming, champ.

Why you got to erase your statistics post???

Youre telling me that a Defense has nothing to do with offensive and QB production? "Thats the dumbest thing on this whole thread, lol."

So when a defense controls the game, constantly get 3 and outs, limits the TOP for the opposition, the offense doesnt get more time to execute?

Those are unrelated arent they.