• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tape your sleeve?

BoxMN

I am still rookie at this, and last year was shooting with my jacket on for practice. I don't have any specific fancy bow clothing, and my sleeve seemed to get in the way, so I duct taped it a bit tighter smile Does anyone else do this, or have better way of keeping clothing out of the bow's way?

Still waiting to let an arrow fly at a deer, but last year due to the "shooters choice" zones I bow and (separate zone) rifle hunt in, I shot my deer during rifle so that ended my bow season before it really started for me. This year might shoot doe in the metro area just to get my first deer, my neighbor says he will take me out to "for sure" area he has..

Yep, you can get a cheap arm guard that will work great for about $5. Also, you might look at your grip- your bow hand should have the grip of the bow running right down your lifeline. If you are "grabbing" it too much it can turn your forearm in and make your sleeve be more of an issue. Some jackets/sleeves are a problem no matter what your grip is though.

I use this elastic/knitted sleeve that says "Realtree" on it. Can't remember where I got it but it works well. No straps or buckles. Keep it in my pocket and I pull it on when I'm in the stand. It works well to keep any loose cloth consolidated from wrist to upper arm. I use it from my light weight clothing of early fall to my warmest layers.

Thanks all! I kinda like the black sock option, as I know I have them laying around just about every other wash load I lose one! Hmmm, now that I think about it, I have some longer socks with holes in them, some woolish ones that would work great smile