• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rests

Whisker Biscuit is the way I go, it's as simple as it gets, my arrow never falls "out" of the rest and I can shoot at any angle.

I lose a bit of speed compared to other rests out there, but they are also considerably more expensive. Since I hunt with an affordable bow anyways, I'm not going to pay hundreds of dollars for a rest.

WBs are rock solid, bomb proof rests that a ton of people love and have been successful with. They require little adjustment and effort in setting them up. That being said, I'm not personally a user or a fan of them. For me, I want minimal contact with the rest (read: drop away), not maximal contact (read: WB). I shoot a QAD Ultra Pro HD too and I absolutely love it. It's perfectly silent- I can't hear my arrow on the rest when I draw it- not one tiny bit. I certainly can't say that for the WBs. JMO on this one- lots of people love WBs and have had great success with them. Different strokes for different folks...

A WB will do an excellent job w/ just a slight amount of speed loss. There's a reason they're so popular - they simply work in all conditions! If you're looking for a drop-away, there are several quality models. I've shot Trophy Taker, Ripcord, & currently a Limb Driver and haven't had a single issue with any of them. As others have mentioned, QAD is another great choice. Pick one within your budget and start shooting!

i have QAD ultra rest HDX. and i love it. the QAD ultra rest is cheaper and is made for more slower bows but still works good. i have also shot that but this spring i upgraded to the HDX. The HDX has a lifetime warranty on it so that is also plus.

I also shoot the QAD HDX it is awesome and easy to adjust. The best part is when you draw and decide to let back down or have to let back down the rest doesn't drop it stays up. If the Code Red would do that I would still have one on my new bow but that was the killer on that rest.