• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Always a dump shoot depending on when the warm water moves in. Years ago, it used to be around the 4th of July for numbers and a solid bite. Last year it was game on in June with decent numbers through July and August. This year, most reports have been slow but as soon as warmer water filters in and any stable weather, things will take off. Best weekend for numbers historically for me has been mid July like 12-20th with a few biggins thrown in. I am gonna be there the 11th-14th and the 18-22nd so far this year. Late July and early August can produce some nice catches of big fish and have steady fishing. Sept and even early Oct can be phenomenal for large fish in close, as well as some monster browns. Are you looking for guides or charters to fish with? Guides have a pretty decent rep in the area and can be found through the chamber of commerce and the same with charters. The charters almost always bring in better catches then the private boats and do a great job of staying on fish throughout the season. I don't know any of the guides in the area personally but if you look up the local outdoors writer Kevin Naslund(NAZ), he could point you in the right direction.

Tunrevir~

Tunrevir~

We've typically had great luck on Charters anytime after the second week of June. Good numbers of mostly Kings and a few nice steelhead, and decent size too(Kings 10#-15#). This year we went earlier than normal and didn't do as well. But the numbers are picking up, and they've been getting some larger than normal kings for this time of year. Multiple fish over 20# lately and I know they picked up a 26# king this morning. It will just keep getting better through July. Several good charters out there but we've never been disappointed with Kinn's.

Predator guide service. Great guys and actually a sponsor of FM if memory serves. Tom and my dad have been friends for years and we have always had a good time on the boat with him or his captains. They have lodging too which is great.

We usually go around the second week of july. This year who knows with the cold weather.

Hey Tom, I totally agree with contacting Kevin Naslund (Naz). I have fished twice in Algoma years ago and someone hooked me up with him. He told me to call him everyday I was there because he not only fished it (local guy) frequently, but went to the dock everyday and spoke to the charters. He is well respected by them and knows what color, sizes, presentations are currently hot. I no longer have his number, but I believe he is on the F/B social media. He always encouraged anyone who was out there to contact him. BC

I have only met Tom a couple times. We have always had Jimmy as a captain and he brings Kevin in for the mate. They have always treated us great and we love fishing with them and staying in the house on the lake. It's been going on so long that it's like hanging out with family.

I just returned from Algoma. We were there for 5 days. The bows are there for the taking but you need to go out 13 + miles to 300-600 fow for numbers. We left the bow action to find kings. We did get into kings in 110 to 130 fow. It was not fast and furious but we were getting 4 to 5 a day. Big ones too. We had 18, 21 and 23 lb kings. Many 12lb, 3 lb and 5 lb. All on downriggers 5 to 20 feet off bottom. White flasher green fly took all. Just finished smoking some kings. Mmmgoood.

This was the first time we got into kings this big. Up till now 14 lb was the biggest. All I can say is wow. These fish can fight!

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Deitz and I went out fishing for King Salmon and Steelhead with Fishin Magician's Charters on Lake Michigan out of Algoma, Wisconsin.

You are going to enjoy this show....

Watch more videos here at HSOshow

Who wants to go salmon fishing? laugh

Click Here for HSOshow.com.

Looks like fun! We had a nice outing with fantastic weather and good fishing this past weekend. The fishing was tough to start but each day gradually picked up. Spoons were not the preferred bait of choice this weekend in our boat. Chrome flashers and blue or green colored flies ruled the day. Leadcore off boards in 5,7,8 and 10 colors did well, 1# ball 50 feet ahead of ff on leads of varying lengths took fish and mono dypsies set between 75-140 with flashers and flies boated fish for us over the weekend. We had our best luck in 140-170 fow finding active fish in the top 70' of the water column. We found bigger fish in the mornings and active bows and mid teen salmon in the evenings. The bite was picking up each day we were out there it just got better or we got more dialed in. Big fish for us was a 25# king caught this am.full-10770-35032-012.jpg

Tightlines!

Tunrevir~

Yaggie, We did our best in 140-170 but there were a lot of boats out into 3-500 feet. We went out as far as 240 which where we were was about 11 miles out. We marked most of the fish between 125 and 160 so we trolled around in the 140-170 range. South troll seemed better then North for us. We marked a ton of fish on the bottom in 125 but nothing up high whereas we saw more suspended fish in the range we fished.

Tunrevir~

Yep, mono dypsies, different action then power pro. They worked while the pp stuff didn't. Gotta pull out all the stops when

fishing isn't producing like you thought. Board lines did well too.

Tunrevir~

I have a couple of mono dypsies I run as well with 20lb fluorocarbon.

When it's calm I run mono and power pro when its bumpy. just seems like it works out better. My rod tips get a little crazy when running mono when its ruff.