• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Greg Jennings

Moonshine

$18 million guar.

That is like having the best houseboat on rainy lake but no motor to go anywhere. Its an absolute pipe dream to imagine Flounder can get Jennings the ball. He hasnt been able to make a full season in quite a few years. I think he has a great work ethic and attitude, but I just dont see how we get him the ball and how he stays healthy. Terrible move by the Queens.

Jennings played all 16 games prior to 2011 when he only missed 3 for a minor knee injury. He tore an ab muscle last year forcing surgery and missing 8. That is a pretty durable track record. I wouldn't say he is injury prone.

Jennings is not a burner, so I think ponder can get the ball to him and let him do the rest. Great route runner. Incredible hands. While the Packers have plenty of receivers, this is a loss.

Overall, I think the vikes have done plenty to raise an eyebrow. The NFC north gap is closing, which I do not care to see! laugh

Good luck

Ken

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad we added another weapon to the team, we needed it after trading Harvin. We over paid, and I hope that doesnt come back to bite us, but like said, the guaranteed money is the important part, and Vikings played that part of it smart.

I think with picking up Jennings, it leaves the Vikes to draft best available in the 6 positions of need, for their top 3 picks.

CB

WR

DT

MLB

ILB

QB

They should just look at those positions, and pick the best that is available with their first 3 picks.

Their are still some decent players in FA that can be had cheap, then we will have the next wave of FA to come through.

The Vikings will be smart to still draft a WR in the first round. Like Jennings said in his press conference. He is here to help the team and teach the younger WR's the in's and out's of the game. What better time to draft a stud college receiver and let him play alongside Jennings for 3 or more years. Thats how you build through the draft! Hopefully Wright will blossom as well and then they could have 3 stud wide outs. Draft a WR and MLB in the first, fill the holes with all the rest of the draft choices and I do believe the Vikings are going to come out better than last year

Yaaaaay, we got him!!

Only took a bunch of persuasion and an over paid contract!!

We just signed a solid #2 (for #1 money) but we still need a #1 WR.

Time for some of you guys to see how a real QB (Rodgers) makes a WR (Jennings) better then he really is.

Yaaaaay, we got him!!

Only took a bunch of persuasion and an over paid contract!!

We just signed a solid #2 (for #1 money) but we still need a #1 WR.

Time for some of you guys to see how a real QB (Rodgers) makes a WR (Jennings) better then he really is.

Howd we get him? I thought he didnt want to come here? Thats wierd...

18 mil guaranteed. If he plays 3 of the 5 years thats 6 mil a year. Cut him if he sucks after that. Its a no brainer. Pretty much had to be done. Hardly over-paying for him considering what the vikes had a WR before him, which was a complete embarrassment.

Apparently you think signing another Aromashadu on the cheap was the way to go instead.

Yeah OK... Gb offered him more money then the vikes just gave him DURING the season and he turned it down. Wierd. Sure, he over-valued himself with GB and thought there would be a few more teams lookin at him. Worked out for our benefit. Good deal for both sides. U guys can continue to bash the move if you want though.

Why is everything so weird to you? If you want to think Jennings landed right where he wanted go ahead.

What's really weird is all these other teams that signed all these other WR's didn't even bother to have Jennings come for a visit. We wined n dined him and overpaid so we were the easy choice.

Any FA on the market would be better then what we had, that isn't an excuse to overpay a guy to get him to play here.

Howd we get him? I thought he didnt want to come here? Thats wierd...

18 mil guaranteed. If he plays 3 of the 5 years thats 6 mil a year. Cut him if he sucks after that. Its a no brainer. Pretty much had to be done. Hardly over-paying for him considering what the vikes had a WR before him, which was a complete embarrassment.

Apparently you think signing another Aromashadu on the cheap was the way to go instead.

Are you just messing with people or do you honestly think that is the way the contracts work? If he plays for 3 years he is going to make much more than 18 Million dollars.The 18 Million dollar guarantee only means that he is going to get that money no matter what. If he comes into this year, sucks and gets cut on Christmas eve he is still getting paid 18 Million dollars. If he plays for 3 he will make closer to 30 Million than 18.

I think we got a good and reliable WR, overpaid? maybe, but the way these contracts seem to work they can always be restructured down the road, just don't FUBAR it like Denver did.

Besides in a few years when A-Rog becomes a FA he will have a familiar WR in purple to throw to laugh

Maybe the vikes should have plugged in a couple rookies and chong and called her good. OR brought back Aeromatherapy and Jenkins? Or just wasted a small amount of money on some chode like Aeromatherapy? If you could provide 1 other option the vikings had that was not going to end up in an disaster of a recieving chorps i would like to hear it. You may have some legs to stand on with your bashing of the move then.

Don't confuse him PurpleFloyd. He might actually go do some research and see how contracts work.

Talk about confused- your wondering why we signed a competent wr. Didnt think that was too hard to figure out. Again, what should the vikes have done instead? interested to hear

Greg Jennings on the packers for 47.5 mil over 5, yeah thats probably too much on a team with 3 or 4 other capable wr's.

That much for him on the vikes who have ZERO at the position, sorry, but thats not overpaying.

Why is everything so weird to you? If you want to think Jennings landed right where he wanted go ahead.

What's really weird is all these other teams that signed all these other WR's didn't even bother to have Jennings come for a visit. We wined n dined him and overpaid so we were the easy choice.

Any FA on the market would be better then what we had, that isn't an excuse to overpay a guy to get him to play here.

Makes no sence at all. Let me break it down so you can better understand.

1. Free Agency works fast

2. Wallace wanted to be in Miami

3. Welker was a perfect fit for Denver and a Peyton Manning offense

4. The Pats aren't the type to pick up a Jenning like WR, Amendola is just the type they want

5. Brian Hartline's signing was a joke

6. Jennings is a top 10 WR PERIOD, how is he over paid?

Who are all these other WRs you are speaking of? There wasn't much out there. It was Wallace, Jennings and Welker. Welker wouldn't have been a good choice and Wallace wanted to be in So. Florida.

I see you logged in as fishinguru today rather than bucksutherland

Ok last post for me about Jennings, it's done and over don't really matter what any of us think about it.

Jennings is a good guy and more then likely won't be a cry baby, he'll be a good veteran with experience. I don't hate the guy I just think we had to overpay to get him here, he pretty much refused an offer from GB thinking he would be highly coveted in FA but it was the exact opposite.

No other teams were willing to pay what we did, all these other guys are getting snatched up yet he just sat there. He would of looked like a tool resigning with the Packers for less money then he just turned down awhile back. Luckily for him the Vikings are desperate and gave him the same type of money.

We'll have to wait and see if we get 10 million a year type play from him as our #1. In my opinion he's a #2 but you know the Vikes they like #3's and #4's as their #1's and #2's so having a #2 as a #1 is a step up.

Again, just because you have NOTHING at the position doesn't mean you should overpay a guy out of desperation. It really is a perfect fit though because both sides were desperate. Hopefully it works out.

Ok last post for me about Jennings, it's done and over don't really matter what any of us think about it.

Yes, but its fun to debate smile

You still havent answered what you would have done instead. If you say its over paying for him, then that would lead me to believe you had a better option in mind.

Guru, who are all these other WRs you are speaking of? There was 3 quality guys and that's it. Jennings is also no #2, but your opinion is what it is, I guess all the experts know less than you. He's a top 10 WR. FA works fast and he was giving GB the opportunity to pick him up. When that didn't happen he flew here and signed. I'd say the Vikes did a darn good job closing the deal so others didn't get that chance. But go ahead and walk away like a beaten dog.

I Jennings, a healthy Simpson, Jarius Wright, and a #1 draft pick will make for a much improved WR group.

I agree with EVERY part of this Fishhead except one.... Simpson im not so sure on. Everytime I think of Simpson the only two things I can see and hear in my head are A- The ball bouncing off his facemask on a really well thrown ball by ponder at soldier field for a key 3rd down drop to set the tone for the entire day there last year. And B- Sid Hartman saying Simpson is gonna be the next Cris Carter.

By the way the" injury" simpson apparently had last year is a really convienant excuse for everyone involved.

Yes, but its fun to debate smile

You still havent answered what you would have done instead. If you say its over paying for him, then that would lead me to believe you had a better option in mind.

You could pretty much get any Wr in the league if you want to overpay. Look at Chicago last year got Brandon Marshall for 2- 3rds. There's deals to be made out there that aren't in the public eye. Just because there's only a couple FA's available doesn't mean you have to be desperate and overpay a guy. There will also be another wave of free agency when teams have to make more cuts.

Juice you signing in as Yiggin now? Just because two guys agree about something doesn't mean they are the same person, if you look back just a few days ago me and Buck were butting heads about different subjects. I wouldn't expect you to be able to follow along though, your about as quick as Jennings is to be signed in this fast paced FA you talk about.