• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another happy customer of vexilar/motor clinic

pan-man

I went into Vexilar/motorclinic this morning. I set my fl22 on the counter and service person says "Don't even tell me whats wrong, I already know."

He tested my tri-beam transducer (bad) gave me a choice of new tri-beam or the new ProView transducer. I chose the ProView transducer.

I was out the door in 5 minutes with a new transducer installed and a towel at no charge.

This is the third time in 13 years I have brought a vexilar in for some sort of work and yet have to leave there with paying a dime.

What was happening with the ducer? My buddy has a FL-20 with tri-beam ducer and he says it is goofy sometime. I wonder if his issue is the same.

For the most part, the vexilar would only mark jig/fish on the 9 degree setting. You could mark on 12 and 20 degree setting only if you turned gain on real high; which distorted eerything.

That sounds kind of like what his was doing. His also get real loud once in a while. Is that a transducer issue? His is newer than mine but alot louder and has more junk on his screen than mine. Where did you take it to to get it replaced?

Don't worry, I'm sure your friends unit is fine. These Vex units are bulletproof.

Do you happen to know what time they open? I will be down in that area working next week and have the same issues with my tri beam, when I called they said to mail it in, but since I will be in the area I will bring it to theme.

Are you telling me that they just exchange your ducer? I have bought three over the last 12 years at 90$ a piece! I suppose this is in the TC? I think my cord eventually breaks from dumping it in a thousand holes a year eek

Yes they stand behind their transducers if they fail. They do not or do I expect them to replace a transducer that I damaged.

I also have bought 2 new transducers from them in the past because a chord was wore out from rubbing.

Do you happen to know what time they open? I will be down in that area working next week and have the same issues with my tri beam, when I called they said to mail it in, but since I will be in the area I will bring it to theme.

Open 8am, close at 4pm.