• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild!!!

OnAFly

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pominville is a wing isnt he? Thats what I recall anyway.

That is a lot to give up I think. Hmmm. At first I was like OK, we have 2 young goalies, we can part with one. We have Brodin who is an animal, we can part with a young D man, but a 1st AND 2nd as well?

Hmmm

I hope i'm reading this wrong. We traded two prospects plus a 2013 1st rounder and a 2014 second rounder for a 20 goal a year scorer??? This is painfully reminscent of the herschall walker trade to a smaller degree.

I really question this one???

Pominville is a RW. 30 goal scorer last season, and an All Star. Good 2 way guy, good size...quality player all around. Definite upgrade at RW on the 1st line, as much as I like Coyle.

Kind of looks on the surface like a lot for a guy, but... He has another year on his deal, so isn't a pure rental. We give up what will probably (hopefully) be a mid first rounder at worst in a fairly thin draft, and we already have a pipeline pretty stacked with guys a year or two away from being in the NHL, which is where you'd expect a first rounder to be anyhow. You'd end up adding to the glut of first contracts expiring around the same time.

Hackett is going to be a pretty decent NHL goalie I think, but long term less of a prospect than Kuemper, and their #1 goalie prospect - Gustaffson - isn't even playing in the US right now because there's nowhere in the system to put him. I hate to see Larsson go just because I like his game, but realistically he's a 2nd/3rd line center long term and we're already pretty deep up the middle with Granlund, Phillips, Graovac, etc., already in the system.

This was a trade the Wild could afford thanks to a very deep prospect pool. I like it. Sure a nice change from picking guys like Chris Simon off the scrap heap.

It's a LOT to give up, I think the 1st and Larsson are the pieces that hurt the most. On the bright side we get the best player (by far) out of the deal and he is signed next year as well so we have a pretty good shot at extending him. We also get to keep our 5 top prospects so we aren't mortgaging the future. NHL draft picks aren't as valuable as NFL picks, lots of 1st and 2nd rounders never even see the NHL.

It's a LOT to give up, I think the 1st and Larsson are the pieces that hurt the most. On the bright side we get the best player (by far) out of the deal and he is signed next year as well so we have a pretty good shot at extending him. We also get to keep our 5 top prospects so we aren't mortgaging the future. NHL draft picks aren't as valuable as NFL picks, lots of 1st and 2nd rounders never even see the NHL.

+1 Spot on Bear. I'm lik'in it already!

The last 2 posts sum up my exact thoughts. I will feel much better when they they extend him. The future is very bright for the Wild now and for years to come. Been a while since I could say that about any pro sport in MN.

Quote:
This was a trade the Wild could afford thanks to a very deep prospect pool.

I'm not to wound up about the draft picks. It's not like NFL or NBA where the top picks are pretty crucial. Only 25 percent of 2nd round picks make any significant impact in the NHL.

Love the trade and anytime you can pick up another teams Captain you are doing pretty good!

I LOVE this trade! A hard working leader/captain 2 way player that logs a lot of Ice time and scored 30 goals last year. Not only that but he'll make Koivu and Parise that much better and I doubt he has ever played with a guy that can dig out pucks like Parise which will make him that much better. Didn't we have 2 first rounders next year? Not only that but like mentioned above Hackett isn't even the Wilds top goalie prospect.

This is awesome..