• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild!!!

OnAFly

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the team is a couple pieces away from a serious cup chance but I don't want to see them borrow today in exchange for sacrificing the future.

Their payroll is in a good spot now. I could see them "renting" a player for the rest of the season but wouldn't expect them to give much in return. A big veteran forward would be nice that can put the puck in the net. A rick Nash type player but not money wise.

I thought Rupp was horrible. He had a couple of turnovers which cost them at least one goal and his late penalty put them in a bind until Brodz got the shorty.

Backs was a little weak but I'll cut him some slack as he probably needs a little break anyway.

It's been pretty well reported that Backs has a very specific pregame routine and if that routine gets thrown off, for some reason he;s not the same. Last night, the Stars honored Sydor with a pregame ceremony, next game they are honoring Modano I think. Seems to me there's a little gamesmanship going on Texas.

CB was limping badly I hear after the game. Hope he's OK. If not, well, Zucker's flight to Houston might have been just for the miles. Maybe they'll use Dowell I guess.

Build with youth and be good for a long, long time.

They have a lot of youth and will continue to get youth via drafts....that is a given, some that will never see the bigs unless with another team...they have room for another veteran up front....with that being said they sure played very well offensively last night...wow, other than Rupp...the guy can hardly skate much less skate and control the puck. And Clutterbuck needs to control himself a little better or he is going to be continually injured. Dallas has the worst defensive zone coverage in the NHL right now...they will miss Morrow and I see they signed Mike Commodore sent him to minors to get in shape and he will help them with coverage in front of their net for sure.

Crazy game last night, the d-zone and backs didn't look to sharp last night but hey a win is a win. First line was amazing last night, they were everywhere.

The only place I see the Wild needing help right now is on D, after Suter and Brodin the rest of them scare me. Gilbert can be good if his game is on but he hasn't looked as sharp lately. I know we signed Clark so maybe he will help but they need to play him to find out.

Parise and Koivu look like they re really gelling. That's become a very dangerous line and when teams focus on them, the second and third line step it up. We finally have three lines capable of scoring and it's become difficult for other teams to deal with.

In March so far we a re 9-3-0 and are averaging 3.58 goals per game. Hopefully we can ride this through April and the playoffs! Exciting times to be a Wild fan, that's for sure.

Man, what a great game to watch, when's the last time they scored 7 goals? Great back and forth game and the better team ended up winning. What a way to start a 4 min penalty kill by disrupting a pass and then crashing the net and scoring. That shows the confidence that they didn't have in the first half of the season and like mentioned on TV last night, the top line never stepped on the ice durring that kill, how awesome is that.

Man nice to win in Dallas finally. Kind of a bizarre game, but a good win and nice to see the offense light it up. Yeah, Dallas d-zone wasn't very good, but still Wild forechecked hard all game and it payed off.

First line was great last night and I thought Coyle had a tremendous game. He set up a lot of what that line did last night with board battles and causing turnovers. That kid's a good one. Still can't believe San Jose let him go. Parise and Koivu are really starting to get a vibe together too. No look passes and little give and go plays are starting to click. All three of those guys are so good down low - really a tough line to defend.

Rupp was a little off, yeah, but his first game back since being injured and don't think he was 100% plus the rust factor. He'd been very very good prior to getting hurt, so I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt there.

Backstrom did look a little more unsettled than he usually does. But he was lights out on the double minor in the third. Do hope they rest him after Wednesday's game though. Even as good as he's been have to worry about wearing him out.

I love it, we got guys who aren't playing great and we've won is it 6 in a row, I love it, that's huge. I feel Brodziak is starting to be in the right place at the right time more, we got guys going 110 MPH right now, please stay healthy, give Backstrom the right amount of games off and lets go be somebody even though we already are lets keep hammerin away.

If this Parise/Suter trade............ how to word this....the rest of the gang has really had a fire lit under them and I don't think it's Yeo, it's the idea of "hope". Got a good thing steam rollin right now and guys are finding their niche. Keep rockin ! Last year it was oh no who's next now it's who's next like in line to get a full blown wild attack put on em with max effort.

If this Parise/Suter trade............ how to word this....the rest of the gang has really had a fire lit under them and I don't think it's Yeo, it's the idea of "hope". Got a good thing steam rollin right now and guys are finding their niche. Keep rockin ! Last year it was oh no who's next now it's who's next like in line to get a full blown wild attack put on em with max effort.

Yep Coyle is looking good, I was down in him a bit too, just imagine when he starts to become more of a scoring threat. They will be tearing teams up. Just about every time I start to get down on a player this year they either have a great game or turn it around. Its been crazy.

geez Vancouver is tough, we keep on winning and they stay right with us or 1 step ahead.. I'd say we need to win the NW division so we don't end up a 6-7-8 seed and have to play Chi or Ana at home.. They better keep this roll going if they want to make the playoffs.