• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Music in the portable

Craigums

What does everyone use for music in your portable shacks. For years I've just been going with the little $10-20 portable radios but they rarely get good reception and burn through batteries. There must be a better way.

I just use my iphone, I have a lot of music on it from itunes also with pandora and Spotify, not to mention Sirius if you have it, you have a lot of possibilities with barley any commercials if any. Just tuck it in the breast pocket of the flannel shirt underneath my zip up hoodie and it stays warm and dry and easily accessable.

With a smart phone the music supply is endless, if you don't have a smart phone you are stuck with using crappy radios with poor reception. Before I had a smart phone we use to use a pillow with a built in radio that my daughter got from Girl Scouts. I kid you not it only used two AA batteries and got good reception. It was a little girly but it worked and the batteries would last a whole season.

Put your music collection into My Music, get a bluetooth speaker and you have your own radio station with all your favorite songs. I just got a JBL speaker at Best Buy for $100 bucks that sounds as good as any I looked at for under $200.

I just use my iphone, I have a lot of music on it from itunes also with pandora and Spotify, not to mention Sirius if you have it, you have a lot of possibilities with barley any commercials if any. Just tuck it in the breast pocket of the flannel shirt underneath my zip up hoodie and it stays warm and dry and easily accessable.

Do you or anyone happen to know if Sirius comes to a smartphone via a cell tower or via the satellite?

What do you guys do when you don't have 3G or 4G service? MicroSD with your music files is about all I suppose? I just know that a bunch of my favorite lakes have no service, I can get it intermittently enough to fire off a text but not take a call.

I just went to Wally World and bought a $20 iHome speaker that plugs into my iPhone. Sound is remarkably really good. Looked at a Bluetooth one, but it was $40. Hard to spend that much when I know it's going to get beat up really badly in my portable.

I use the phone but learned a good lesson a few weeks ago. The NFL broadcasts aren't streamed over iheart. You'll need a normal radio to hear the broadcast. Something to keep in mind. If you do go the phone route, be prepared to have a battery plug in of some sort. The phone won't make it nearly as long as an old battery powered radio.

I use the phone but learned a good lesson a few weeks ago. The NFL broadcasts aren't streamed over iheart. You'll need a normal radio to hear the broadcast. Something to keep in mind. If you do go the phone route, be prepared to have a battery plug in of some sort. The phone won't make it nearly as long as an old battery powered radio.

There are (free) apps out there that let you tune into NFL broadcasts. I have one for my iPhone called PRO radio. I've used it to listen to Vikings games as well as playoff games while fishing in the portable. I'm sure they are available for android as well.