• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
kmjsuperfly

Portable Mod - Never Lift My Fishhouse Into My Truck Again

Last Year I slipped on the ice trying to lift my portable into my truck and smashed my elbow on my bumber so hard it almost brought a tear to my eye. After spewing out about every swearword I could think of I decided to come up with something to help load my portable into my truck. Don't get me wrong if my portable was empty it is not bad but after I have all my gear loaded into it it can weigh a lot and can be a pain especially if on uneven ground or slippery ice. Check out my youtube video below.....

Just curious as to why you mounted the winch in the house vs a portable winch mounted in the truck.

Very cool! cool

Another way you may have done it to save more weight in the sled, is to have mounted it and the battery on a removeble bracket on the inside of the SUV and then pulled it up with the eye bolts you had on the sled. wink

Sorry coombia21, I was still typing when you had already posted the same thing! smile

Just curious as to why you mounted the winch in the house vs a portable winch mounted in the truck.

thats where my 12V power supply was. also I didn't have anywere to mount the winch in my truck.

Very cool! cool

Another way you may have done it to save more weight in the sled, is to have mounted it and the battery on a removeble bracket on the inside of the SUV and then pulled it up with the eye bolts you had on the sled. wink

That probably could work too. another good idea

nice video & great job....very funny too, at what point does a guy stop spending a dollar to make a dime.

lots of great ingenuity coming out of this 4 month long sport/hobby

your next thought may be to find/make a nice bed liner so as to not ruin the nice looking inside of your truck

Thanks for sharing your mod. I was thinking you could put a 12 volt accessory jack on the tub then make a jumper with plugs to charge the battery from the vehicle on the way home from fishing.

Thanks for sharing your mod. I was thinking you could put a 12 volt accessory jack on the tub then make a jumper with plugs to charge the battery from the vehicle on the way home from fishing.

I have a AC power inverter in the back of the truck. I use that to plug in my battery charger and charge my onboard battery on long road trips.

Stellar ingenuity!

Your future aches and pains will be minimized due to your creation.

Thanks for sharing.

Scott

nice video & great job....very funny too, at what point does a guy stop spending a dollar to make a dime.

lots of great ingenuity coming out of this 4 month long sport/hobby

amateurfishing. I think there is a whole lot more that can be done like this to help get more older or handycap people out fishing to help load and unload their gear. We have enough lures, augers, flashers etc already. wink

I like that the winch is in the sled...

it lets you use this in other vehicles too.... ie a pickup truck etc.

Work smarter... not harder...

Good job!!!

i was actually thinking bout doing exact same thing but on utility trailer instead of in vehicle, just am not sure if it is worth the $$ saving 15-20 min of ice time every time i wanna go out but totally get saving the body wear & tear. i have added some weight to my modded 2 man portable, maybe in a few more years after i get sick of my older body

i was actually thinking bout doing exact same thing but on utility trailer instead of in vehicle, just am not sure if it is worth the $$ saving 15-20 min of ice time every time i wanna go out but totally get saving the body wear & tear. i have added some weight to my modded 2 man portable, maybe in a few more years after i get sick of my older body

Could easily just mount a hand winch on the front of your trailer. Save your body for just a reasonable amount of $$$.

I've thought of it for awhile but never acted on it, however. I don't see any reason it wouldn't work out slick. Same in my pickup, mount a hand winch up front somehow, connect it to the Otter sled and up she goes.

You could also turn things around with this idea as others have mentioned. You could forget about the battery all together for the winch. Personally, I would mount the winch on a removable bracket (receiver) inside the SUV, power the winch with the 12v accessory plug from one of your 12v jacks inside the SUV, and mount the U Bolt to sled.

It would be awesome if you could somehow come up with a runner system on the bottom of the sled that would be on hinges and quick released from one end. You could double utilize them as sled runners and a ramps to get it inside the SUV.

You could also turn things around with this idea as others have mentioned. You could forget about the battery all together for the winch. Personally, I would mount the winch on a removable bracket (receiver) inside the SUV, power the winch with the 12v accessory plug from one of your 12v jacks inside the SUV, and mount the U Bolt to sled.

It would be awesome if you could somehow come up with a runner system on the bottom of the sled that would be on hinges and quick released from one end. You could double utilize them as sled runners and a ramps to get it inside the SUV.

I think you did great with what you had. for those of you suggesting he wire the winch in the truck and plug in to the accessory jack, what is the amperage draw on that winch and what is the rating on that little accessory plug in your truck? I bet it wouldn't be up to that kind of draw. a guy would have to run bigger cables up to the battery which would be a big hassle as far as I'm concerned in a vehicle with a full interior like he has.