• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2013 Sturgeon Excursion April 20th

I'll be up there April 17-23rd. It's nice to be up there after walleyes season ends, and before the catch and keep starts. This year it works out perfectly for my schedule!

PS Borderview lodge is currently booked during those dates.

HSO 2013 Sturgeon Excursion April 19-21

Come up to the Rainy River and join in the fun at the 2013 HSO Sturgeon Excursion fishing for what else, Sturgeon!

We've teamed up with Adrian's and River Bend Resorts to get you a Smoking Deal on lodging.

Get your reservations in before they fill up and when making that reservation to get the deal be sure to let them know your coming up for the HSO Sturgeon Excursion!

Adrian's is offering

$30 per night per person w/minimum 2 night stay.

Rivers Bend Resort

$32.50 per night per person.

Me, Frank and the boy's are heading up Thursday night. Fishing three solid day's. Hope to see all of you there. It is unreal when those sturgies peel line! Staying at Adrians. Darren, John making a showing with you again this year? BC

We're coming up Thursday and staying until Monday at Wheelers. Two boats and 6 people this time. This has gotten to be one of the high points of the year! Looking forward to seeing everyone out there. It sounds like Adrians might be the "headquarters" this year.

Who's all going up to the Rainy. I will be fishing with some guy's from Fargo/Moorhead. Coming from the Cities via Lake Vermilion. Hopefully I can get my boat out of the snow and out the lake road eek

I sure am glad this heat wave has set in and taken care of the snowpack up there grin Hopefully we will have lines wet by 9:30 AM

Friday.

Staying at Borderview Lodge for Friday and Saturday night.

Good Luck to all

Steve

Go Big or Go home 2c

The sturgeon were biting pretty good in the Frontier landing area last weekend. River is down quite a bit so be careful.

Was hoping on getting back up this weekend but with the snow and sleet here now, I think I will forget my plans.

Good luck to all.

I was there with my group of three, staying at Adrians. They had 5 cabins rented, one group of three, us in cabin 6, and one other. We met the group in the three cabins at the lodge and they caught a few on Saturday, one guy knew what HSO was but they were not with the "Sturgeon Excursion". I believe that Surface Tension's group was the other cabin but we never crossed paths during the weekend beyond a couple of phone calls.

We did well on Saturday and I posted pictures in the Rainy River forum.

full-14944-32496-dsc01559.jpg

Fishing was slooow!

Arrived Thursday 2:30 pm - 8:30 pm NO FISH

Friday on the water at 6:30am - 8:30 pm caught 3 walleye and a sucker for the day.

Saturday on the water 6:30 am - 8:00pm caught 10 walleye, 1 northern, 1 sucker, and 7 sturgeon (largest 44" x 17")

Sunday on the water 6:30 am - 12:30 pm caught 7 sturgeon (largest 55"x19") and 1 walleye.

Water temp was about 36 degrees with clean water, Saturday junk started to float down river for a few hours.