• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Packers VS Vikings: Playoff Game

zepman

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, that was a little taste for all you Webbamaniacs out there. When I heard the news I thought 2 things.

1. I wish we would of kept Sage instead of Spud.

2. I'd rather start the man with 5 names over Spud.

Oh well, we weren't really a serious playoff team this year anyway. It was a miracle all in itself that we made it in. Great season for the Vikes though considering we only won a few games last year.

outcome not unexpected on the road. all in all it was a good year for vikes considering most were expecting about 4 - 5 wins max. they will need to make some significant improvements in the offseason though or they will once again be a team expected to win 4 - 5 games again next year.

Past the "Rah Rah" stuff that every fan, of every sports team has, I don't think that anyone thought that this team was a true contender. Especially with a sucky back-up QB. So it is what it is. AP is still one of the best players in the NFL, and this team way over achieved. Which is cool with me as a fan. And, I am also a believer that everyone that finishes in second or worse, in professional sports, has nothing to hang their head high about(with the exception of individual accolades, like AP)

Limtout,

For somebody that consistently carps all over MN's outdoor opportunity's, sports teams, politics(outdoor and other), citizens, and way of life, why are you on the promotional staff of a HSOforum/community that is based around MN? Is your life really that boring? No sour grapes... Its a free country...Just curious, is it because you cant meet a nice girl to occupy your time?

Anyway..Whatever. AP is the best, and that's all I have to say about that!

So the Vikings got the Ford Pinto and GB got what, a Toyota Camry? confused

McCarthy hasn't shown me much to make me think he's a world-beater coach.

You're trying too hard to dance on the grave of the 2012 Vikings season.

No surprise by the outcome of the game. The Vikings on the A game had a chance, maybe a slim one, but a chance. With out the starting QB, as questionable as he is, Webb playing the game, we had zero chance.

In the end, the Vikings will come ahead with a lesson of not keeping Webb for a backup. I mean really, a couple minutes left of the 1st half, and Webb had -2 yards total passing? I mean really!

This season the Vikings put a competitive team on the field, and ended up with a better record then most have figured. Some players got schooled, some actually got some good experience. Hopefully the coaching staff can see who is worth building on for the future, and who shouldnt be on the roster tomorrow.

Anyhow, a respectable season, but a terrible finish to it.

Congratulations to the Packers, they were the better team, and they had the better chance to go deeper into the playoffs. I can see them beating the 49ers, then losing to the Falcons.

The game never seemed close, but the defense played pretty well. The pack only had two more yards offense than the vikes. We stopped the run pretty well and held Rodgers to 274 yards. I never thought I would say it, but we sure missed ponder. Difference in the game was 3 turn overs and Webbs inability to pass.

Just think...the Vikings hired Childress before he could fly to Green Bay which meant that Green Bay had to hire McCarthy.

Oh, the irony.

Yup, here comes Limtout. McCarthy is nothing, he simply has the luxury of having a team full of very good players. Not that hard to coach great players.

2 penalties hurt with 2 touchdowns. Then 3 turnovers.

The Vikes beat themselves in this game.

nah...You read thru most of the posts on this and other threads here, toss out a couple rabid pro and anti fans on BOTH sides, and ya have a bunch of guys rooting for thier respective home teams.

Vikes had a good run, it was fun watching Adrian tear up the NFL, and the packers have a shot at winning it all, albeit a fairly slim one in my opinion, but i guess we'll see!

McCarthy is a big dumb galute whos had two hall of fame qbs at his disposal. Give him Ponder and Webb and hed be a loser too

That pretty much sums it up. Plus add no receivers. I laughed at some of the vikings routes that they showed on TV. They looked like they were in slow motion. Aromawhatever should not be in the league.

If Vikes had receivers that could separate like the Packers pros we would have a chance. Even Webb could learn to hit receivers if they were open all day. Sucky pass defense doesn't help either. Those receivers were open all day and open by yards not feet. That is the difference. Some of it is receiver coaching and the rest talent.