• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TRAIL REPORTS

leech~~

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just completed my first saddlebag ride and what a ride it was! Left the Hutchinson area on Wednesday afternoon and rode to Alex, left Alex on Thursday and rode to Walker, then onto Sauk Centre on Friday and back to Hutch on Saturday. We did 610 miles and never really had any bad conditions. I would give the trails and overall rating of very good.

full-1208-30197-img_5856.jpg

full-1208-30198-img_5858.jpg

full-1208-30199-img_5862.jpg

full-1208-30200-img_5866.jpg

full-1208-30201-img_5869.jpg

full-1208-30202-img_5876.jpg

full-1208-30203-img_5886.jpg

Oourra! Chester

How are the legs and back today? smile 610 miles is one heck of a trip. How many mile of it was ditch riding about 3/4 of it? Sounds like you guys had a good time. wink I have always wanted to try a resort to resort or motel to motel saddle bag ride on the north Shore. wink

The back and legs are fine. We made sure that each night had a hot hub to relax in. We followed the trail system which explains some of the high miles between our stops. There were some sections of trails that followed the ditch, but most of the trails were in the fields, woods or rails beds. The first three days we did about 165 miles each and the last day was much shorter at 110. LIke I said is was my first saddlebag trip and didn't really know how it was going to go, but we're glad we did and most likely will do it again. During the first day I was thinking we might have bit off more than we could chew with the lat start, but that was actually our best day for travel speed next to the last day.

Put on about 60 today around the Shakopee area. Trails are pretty beat up and plenty of icy corners along the river system. Fair condition at best.

However, even worse then the trails themselves were all the crazy Fat Tire Mt bikers and dog walkers on the trail to watch out for.

However, even worse then the trails themselves were all the crazy Fat Tire Mt bikers and dog walkers on the trail to watch out for.
I hate those speed bumps out on the trails! That stuff can really get tangled in the skis and track! wink

Saturday we trailered up just north of Virginia. Headed north up to Cook and then went to the Landing at the west end of Vermilion for lunch. Then headed southeast to tower and around back to Virginia. Trails were great mostly, still a few icy corners but a great ride overall!!

MinDak- Where were you riding? We rode from North St. Cloud to St. Stephen Over to Rice and up to the Soo Line, then to Albany down to St. Joe and back home. Trails were actually pretty good. We passed the goomer between Sartell and St. Stephen, as well as between Avon and St. Joe.

We rode from St Joe to Rockville, down to St Augusta and Clearwater, back to St Joe, we then went through Cold Spring, traveled to Albany via Farming, up to Holdingford from there to St Stephen, then down to Sartell and back to St Joe. We finished our ride at about 4 PM and didn't see any groomers.

Riding around alexandria is fair to excellent. Some strong winds caused some drifting on the trails, that have froze hard. We got another couple of inches of snow lately and the groomers seem to be working hard to get everything smooth. As soon as you get 15 miles out of town the trails are good.

Rode with wife and granddaughter around Crosslake to Emily and east. Trails were GREAT! Finally got out there when it was good, and we had a blast, even though it wasn't a real long ride. Sore thumbs and all wink Riding on lakes was also great, finally could ride like you should be able to, haha!

Want some more snow though!!!! Could already start to see some of it leaving...

Got out on the trails on Friday 2/22 in the Brainerd area and most of the trails are getting a little rough or loosing some base. I'm sure now after the Frozen Four crowd has left the groomers will be out again but we're loosing snow with this sun and averaging 32degrees or better now. We need another monster storm again or head north again.

MR