• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

energy drinks,

psepuncher

From what I've read and witnessed the so-called energy drinks seem to have a negative effect mentally. People experience a marked drop in their ability to reason and to implement common sense mechanisms. They are more and more inclined to pay exhorbitant amounts of hard earned money for potions that controlled testing has shown have the same effect as two cups of coffee.

They are also fearless in the face of death. Several cases are now on record of people guzzling several in a few hours time and then dying, but the confirmed ED addict (energy drink addict) just keeps on paying big wads of money and slurping the slop down.

Have an espresso or a couple cups of good strong coffee and save your money.

Ha Ha HA! Good point! But...if the common sense gene has kicked in a guy won't be paying for those cups of snobby-coffee anyway, right. Just some plain old fashioned fresh ground home made coffee. Like grandma used to make.

Get more sleep.

and drink more water. which good ol H2o helps a

sleep deprived moody bear.

Also in deer camp, the grub can settle better with some OJ.

No telling what's going to be at the table, but the acid from OJ helps

break down fatty food.

I adore red bull. Don't care about the "energy", love the flavor zing and is an incredible mixer. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

Monster is just expensive Mt. Dew.

Replace "5hr energy" with Bvit. supplements, coffee, and some oatmeal (real stuff, not the instant stuff) or brown rice for a fuller, long-lasting ability to get stuff done throughout your day.

I laugh when I see guys with an energy drink, a big mac, and a large fries.

Had some of the youngsters doing the energy drinks. Us old timers got fed up real quick with having to kick them out of bed during deer season and them dozing off when the stuff wore off. Took the stuff away, feed then decent home cooked meals on schedule (I agree with the oatmeal), Milk, water or juice (ONE cup of coffee for the day max). AND GET A DECENT NIGHT SLEEP. In 48 hours they are back to normal and hunting hard.

Now they they have all quit the stuff (even Mtn Dew) and get more done in less time and are healthier year round. Guess having a relative 30 yrs older than you out walk you thru swamps at -20 F day after day then be rolling you out in the am telling you that your energy drinks are a joke got through to them.

lakevet

Man,like I'm totally into old school stuff when in deer camp. Usually down a couple slices of last nights pizza and slam an instant powdered coffee or two and a Snickers bar. Then I fill my day pack with three cinnamon rolls, two more Snickers and three bottles of Dr. Pepper along with 40 extra rounds of ammo, a portable CD player and a dozen Pink Floyd, Maria Callas and Johny Cash discs.

I've been at this deer huntin' now for 38 years and I think THIS is the year I'm gonna git one!!

I have been pounding monsters min two a day fro about 3 years, work overnights, and days off work a second job. I hydrate alot with water or else I get shaky. That man store ya know the F-Farm has killer deals on them.

Kettle

I had 1 energy drink once to see if it would do anything for help as I was tired and had about a 1 hour drive yet to get home.

It did 2 things for me, costs way too much and I almost threw up from the stuff as it was about the worst tasting dump I ever tried to drink.

No thanks, I will just stop and take a nap if I need one.

Had some of the youngsters doing the energy drinks. Us old timers got fed up real quick with having to kick them out of bed during deer season and them dozing off when the stuff wore off.

I dont think I'd go around telling people you "kick youngsters out of bed for dosing off".

Creepy.

shocked

The "youngsters" were adult males in their 20's at that time. They will still be youngsters to me when they are 50 years old and I am in my 80's wink No minors involved with the energy drinks. All were adults. And no we did not literally kick them. Just a lot of extra perfectly legal effort to get them going, as they had requested us to do the night before. Now that they are off the energy drinks, they get up on their own.

Also note that they were dozing off during the middle of the day on portable stands. Not safe and miss chances at deer.

Thanks for reminding me that our world has changed, and people tend to assume the worst in people.

lakevet

Thanks for reminding me that our world has changed, and people tend to assume the worst in people.

lakevet

I'm just giving you a hard time lakevet. I was more going for the youngsters in your bed angle, but whatever. Hope you all bag some nice ones this year.

have had M3 Monster from FF not bad

did try the recovery and extra from monster

and redline from Wallymarts

some I didn't care for was target brand and 4C

both water enhancer in concentrate, makes 24 servings on the cheap,

but the flavor is aweful. 4C tastes like wisctachisherchire{sp} sauce.

M3's are very hard to find

they're small, for the money of a full size they're longer lasting, less filling,

I liked the recovery monster,

it'll smooth out any morning after

Nothing was really extra about the extra monster,

do not shake. The nitrous oxide will not like being shaken before or after opening.....beeen there done that.

Redline is pretty boss,

expensive, but it will wake up any zombie that I know