• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

energy drinks,

psepuncher

After trying a few different things and playing around trying to figure out the best way to gain some energy in the morning I stumbled upon something I like to call "going to be earlier the night before". I know it sounds crazy but hear me out. After careful studying I determined that I was tired only when I didn't get enough sleep. I figured I had two options.

1. Fight the symptoms of fatigue by pumping my body full of chemicals.

2. Fight the cause of fatigue by going to bed earlier.

I opted for option 2. Can't believe people fall for the marketing ploys the energy drink companies use. Yeah the stuff might give you energy but you're not fixing the problem just the symptom. Sooner or later it all catches up to you.

I have a buddy who swears by these Monster drinks to cure his hangover. I don't think he has a basic grasp on how the human body works or what a hangover really is. Caffeine and sugar does not cure a hangover. The pounding headache is nothing more then good old fashioned dehydration kicking you in the head. Water is the only known cure, well besides maybe Gatorade to help get your electrolytes back up.

The people I know who rely on energy drinks would make me nervous if they were carrying a gun. By the end of the day they are usually jittery, can't sit still, and are all over the board in terms of thought process. Not a good combo to put with a firearm.

I totally agree on more sleep,

heck it helps repair everything our body needs, especially metabolism. Low metabolism for me means eating more, and fighting fatigue etc...hate that.

Never get the jitters except after having coffee. To much caffeine and I'm not doing to well while being active. Sitting out when it's extreamly cold, no sun and the bodies metabolism is down...I go for vitamine D.

Research shows alot of Vite D depletion, and actually was down to 0 after labor day through April.

As far as chems go, I like natural food, 0%milk, vitamins. etc. Can't really have good function without. Can't beat the lean protein in deer meat. I'm also getting the kids to bed by 8, or at least try to.

I'm really liking the cranberry juice, naturally good.

After trying a few different things and playing around trying to figure out the best way to gain some energy in the morning I stumbled upon something I like to call "going to be earlier the night before". I know it sounds crazy but hear me out. After careful studying I determined that I was tired only when I didn't get enough sleep. I figured I had two options.

1. Fight the symptoms of fatigue by pumping my body full of chemicals.

2. Fight the cause of fatigue by going to bed earlier.

I opted for option 2. Can't believe people fall for the marketing ploys the energy drink companies use. Yeah the stuff might give you energy but you're not fixing the problem just the symptom. Sooner or later it all catches up to you.

I have a buddy who swears by these Monster drinks to cure his hangover. I don't think he has a basic grasp on how the human body works or what a hangover really is. Caffeine and sugar does not cure a hangover. The pounding headache is nothing more then good old fashioned dehydration kicking you in the head. Water is the only known cure, well besides maybe Gatorade to help get your electrolytes back up.

The people I know who rely on energy drinks would make me nervous if they were carrying a gun. By the end of the day they are usually jittery, can't sit still, and are all over the board in terms of thought process. Not a good combo to put with a firearm.

I cant stand energy drinks, they make me shaky, and make me weak. Not that I dont get my form of caffeine other ways. I do drink coffee every morning, and on the weekends, while hunting, or doing hard labor, I will drink a couple Mt Dew's.

Going to bed earlier isnt the only cause of being tired. I can go to bed at 8pm, but after about 4-5 hours of tossing and turning, I cant lay in bed any more. On an average night, I get a couple hours of good sleep, then maybe a couple more hours of tossing and turning. A lot of people have sleeping problems, and cant get the needed sleep, so going to bed earlier, will do nothing for people like me. But like I said, I cant stand energy drinks either, so I just deal with it. After a week of minimal sleep, I will get a night of good 5-6 hours, then I feel totally rested for a couple more days. I guess that is why I have night time hobbies, like cat fishing in the summer, and coon hunting in the winter.

I cant stand energy drinks, they make me shaky, and make me weak. Not that I dont get my form of caffeine other ways. I do drink coffee every morning, and on the weekends, while hunting, or doing hard labor, I will drink a couple Mt Dew's.

Going to bed earlier isnt the only cause of being tired. I can go to bed at 8pm, but after about 4-5 hours of tossing and turning, I cant lay in bed any more. On an average night, I get a couple hours of good sleep, then maybe a couple more hours of tossing and turning. A lot of people have sleeping problems, and cant get the needed sleep, so going to bed earlier, will do nothing for people like me. But like I said, I cant stand energy drinks either, so I just deal with it. After a week of minimal sleep, I will get a night of good 5-6 hours, then I feel totally rested for a couple more days. I guess that is why I have night time hobbies, like cat fishing in the summer, and coon hunting in the winter.

Not sure if it's legal here in MN,

but in TX and Ark we ran trot lines {fishing with a lot of hooks} and gigged frogs all night.

I havn't seen a frog in MN yet to raise my appetite.

Spent many many a summer night in a canoe.

Worcestershire sauce?

I go through a bottle of Lea and Perrins Worcestershire about every other month.. gawd that stuff is delicious and just about the best darn thing in the world to happen to my cooking.

well yeah, slap it on a hog and I'll eat it.

not gonna drink it out of the bottle, no sir.

So is the wochestershire like the duct tape for food?

I might need to try that, seriously lol

Trot lines are illegal in MN, and I like it that way.

yah,

I'm not to familiar with MN fishing, except some have alot of teeth.

TX though, you can find anytown with an all you can eat catfish all day long.

cut my teeth on catfishing at Lake Worth, and Twakoni.

I can say though havn't seen a trot line in over 20 years.

Back then especially in the 70's, we had coffe with alot of saccherine lol

that was a hard habit for alot of old timers to break