• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Smoking BB Ribs - Need a rub....

masoct3

Mas the rub I used the last time was 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup paprika 1 TBLS kolsher salt 1 TBLS pepper 1 TBLS chile powder 1 TBLS cyanne pepper mix well and rub on the ribs. Really good you can adjust the heat by more or less of the cyanne pepper. have fun

Here's the one I use.

1 1/2 cups brown sugar

1 cup paprika

1/4 cup black pepper

1/4 cup cumin

1/4 cup granulated garlic

1/4 cup granulated onion

1/4 cup cinnamon

1 1/5 dashes of ground cloves

I use garlic powder and onion powder and cut everything in 1/2 for 2 racks of ribs.

1/2 cup br sugar

1/4 cup smoked paprika

1 tbls each of:

-black pepper (I use a mix of crushed black, white, green)

-chili powder

-onion powder

-garlic powder

1 tsp cayenne pepper

Makes enough for a few racks. I also use this on pork roasts that I am going to smoke.

This is a well known rub from "best ribs in the Universe"

Best Ribs In The Universe Rub - 1/4 Batch

1/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup non-iodized table salt

1/8 cup brown sugar, dried

4 teaspoons chili powder

2 teaspoons ground cumin

1 teaspoon Accent (MSG)

1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground

1 teaspoon granulated garlic

1 teaspoon onion powder

Personally I stay away from salt on most ribs. The majority of ribs today are 'enhanced' (ie: Hormel Always Tender) which is a salt solution... so no need to add more salt. Love cumin in my rubs and even add some cinnamon in mine.

Good Luck!

Ken

no salt! :>) 2 2 1 has been working dandy for me. I buy the ones on special a lot and I rinse them off very good then pat dry then add my rub. kansas city style rub. just googl e it.

I like a little sweet and so far all my fans do also. :>)

So I decided to go with this rub. It looks great. I rubbed my two racks well and they are now marinating the rub in the fridge overnight. I plan to start this about 1pm Wednesday. Will post some pics. My first time..be nice frown

This is a well known rub from "best ribs in the Universe"

Best Ribs In The Universe Rub - 1/4 Batch

1/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup non-iodized table salt

1/8 cup brown sugar, dried

4 teaspoons chili powder

2 teaspoons ground cumin

1 teaspoon Accent (MSG)

1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground

1 teaspoon granulated garlic

1 teaspoon onion powder

Here is my rub that isn't too salty, and I use it on "enhanced ribs." Only 2 parts of the total of about 22 parts is salt, so it's pretty tame and safe to use on the cheapo sale ribs:

6 parts br sugar

3+ parts chili powder

2+ parts paprika (get some good Hungarian stuff that you can taste)

2+ parts garlic powder

2 parts celery salt

2 parts onion powder

2 parts blk pepper

1 part cayenne pepper

1 part ground cumin

If you use Tablespoons as your "part", you end up with about a cup and a half of product. I use an old plastic spice container as a shaker and storage container for it. I also use a small kitchen grinder as a mixer which works pretty slick to break up the brown sugar. It will cake up if you don't keep it sealed up between uses.

Got some people comeing over this weekend and lots of ribs in the freezer so I have 4 racks thawing out. Plan on puting a rub on Friday and doing the 3-2-1 method on Saturday. The last hour Im going to put BBQ sauce on 1 rack,a bourbon maple sauce 1 rack,and a blueberry sauce on 1 rack and 1 with just the rub.

Ribs were a big hit the other day. I used McCormics smokehouse maple seasoning for a rub (I love that seasoning) And let them sit overnight. Put them in the smoker for 4 hours as the temp was only about 175 with the cooler weather and wind. Then wraped them in foil for a couple hours then took them out of the foil for the last hour. Brushed on BBQ sauce on 2 racks and blueberry syrup on 1 and a bourban maple sauce on 1. All were good but you have to like a sweeter taste with the blueberry and maple sauce. Sad to see the smokeing season winding down as I dont smoke in the winter and just use the grill.