• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Are you average?

matchset

I'm a legand in my own mind... lol

me too!

To be honest, I hunt MN, and Wisconsin, and I have hunted both for about 20 years, and MN for 29 years. I dont remember a year that I havent shot a deer in both states, and I am sure I had more 4-5 deer years, then 1 deer years. How many total? No clue. I stop counting 20+ years ago. I am 41

My 15 yo son(just turned 15 3 days ago) has shot 9 deer already. But only because I put him in my good spots. Never shot 1 bow hunting yet. This year he will. He has shot 3 the past 3 years. So I can believe those numbers.

This is my 20th year with a bow and I have no idea how many tags I have punched on does. I'm over 20 in the last 5 years probably more because I know I had a couple years I was out of doe tags and party hunted to fill my friends doe tags so they had some meat for the freezer. Heck we could shoot 7 here for a few years and that was fun. Now buck tags are a diffrent story I have filled 3 since 2000 and I remember evey one because they are on my wall.

I could punch a archery tag every year, and since i started hunting I have shot at least one deer every year and like others some years have shot way more.

I am 2 for 3 the in ND with bow and could of tagged a small 8 but I don't drive out there for MN caliber deer.

Mn is a little different got 3 decent ones in the last 4 years and have shot at least a doe with my bow in the last 8 yrs except last year with no bonus tags.

I would say if a person can't shoot a deer in Mn you problably didn't try or are a pretty poor shot, now a 130in + buck is another story. Some years I seen up to 10+, but some years it is one.

I assure you thats what it is trigger! And in areas allowing 5 management tags, many go unfilled.

Ive eaten tag soup PLENTY! I think for every 5 tags you DONT fill, they ought to give you a free one.

In the past few years I hardly see a deer in MN. There are literally no doe tags issues in my area.

Between turkey and deer, I eat a lot of tag soup every year. I just like to hunt whitetails. I think I pass on deer, just so I can keep hunting until the end of ML season. Being a managed area this year, I will have to be selective. I don't know what I would do if I ever tagged out early.

For you fortunate ones that live in intensive areas and have lots of does around, I'd be willing to buy your bonus tag and tag team on a doe hunt! I've sat 3 times this year and have had does under me twice and want to draw back and shoot sooo bad, but can't! Well I could, but don't want to use my main tag on a doe. I'm sure many of you can relate. If anyone wants to help me put some straps in the freezer for my family, we'd sure appreciate it! smile

Don't feel bad, I am the self proclaimed worlds worst turkey hunter. I have gotten 1 jake in 10 years.

Im not much better 2 jakes in 9 years lol... But when it comes to deer I have never not filled my buck tag 12 years and counting and my total deer tally is ~35ish lost count all but 7 with the bow... Ive been fortunate to have been born into a family that is passionate for hunting but I still remember my nickname that my Grandpa used to call me when I started bowhunting "El Miss-o" frown