• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which new products have caught your eye?

Jim Uran

I'd be interested to see which new products have caught your eyes in this off-season.

To me, the new Strikemaster/Honda auger has caught my attention, as well as what the Ice-Team has up their sleeve. I bet there will be a ton of stuff coming out of that organization and their partners.

Each year it amazes me how much the technology on the ice advances. We are living in the golden years of ice fishing in my opinion.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say i absolutely cannot wait to get back on the ice!!! I check this site atleast 5 times a day LOL and i unfortunately have to look at my ice castle out the window every darned day!

There are a couple of things that have sparked and intrest.. First being the Marcum LX-9-- WHile i most likely wont get one i can definately see the technological advancements that have came along!

Also i saw an ad with a coat made by rapala specifically for smartphones and the gloves to go with so you can operate your gps without ever taking off gloves or ETC...

This isnt ice fishing related YET however i have seen a depthfinder (wireless i believe) that connects wirelessly to an android smart phone----This would be something I would be greatly interested in and i think in the long run it would save on cost since the manufacturer would only have to create an app and presto its done! you could have a cradle mount for your cell phone and a wireless transducer ---- seems alot easier to carry around than a big flasher unit.

Everyone's excited about the Marcum LX9 but for me it's the LX6 that I will be picking up.

Striker Ice has a new ice climate parka/bibs. They also have re-engineered the current model bibs that had torn crotch & stitching issues.

Whole lota new fly reels, Frabil has new redesigned straightline combos. Clam has joined the party with their own flyreel combos.

Heard Thorne Bros got stealth syn corks again this year for custom ice rods?

Thinking of selling my Solo Lazer Pro auger for one of the new Honda 4 strokes. Or go light weight with the Nils.

Hope the coming winter doesnt disappoint with poor ice conditions

The new line-up of shelters from Clam are pretty amazing... several new pop-ups and the new bar for the industry's toughest flip-over has been set by Clam this year too wink Just wait...

Clam also has several new clothing items out for the 2012/2013 season... more bars will be set here too wink

And if that wasn't enough, several new shelter accessories and other items will be joining the Clam ranks this season...

Yes, Clam has been aggressive this year smile

Im excited about all the new "fly ice reels". Been a big fan of fly reels on ice for a while now, I just hope the new additions have good drags. I cant stand a reel having even the slightest hic-up.

Will be picking up a lx-9 or 6, not sure yet.

Also i'll grab a Frabill Jiggler. Once in a while I fish real shallow and those look fun.

And my once a year treat to myself... Another TB rod. Probably a med Tripwire. grin

The new line-up of shelters from Clam are pretty amazing... several new pop-ups and the new bar for the industry's toughest flip-over has been set by Clam this year too wink Just wait...

Clam also has several new clothing items out for the 2012/2013 season... more bars will be set here too wink

And if that wasn't enough, several new shelter accessories and other items will be joining the Clam ranks this season...

Yes, Clam has been aggressive this year smile

Can't wait to see em!

Already ordered a new Honda powered StrikeMaster, should be here in about 3 weeks according to the vendor. grin Would like to give one of those 13 Fishing reels a try as well as one of their Wicked series rods.

Will be interested in what Clam has coming but seeing that I upgraded both my shacks last year, I doubt a new one will be in the plans.

Honestly, not much yet, though I haven't really been paying much attention. I've already got a working auger, a decent fishhouse, more rods than I can shake a stick at, and (for some reason) two flashers. I'll wait until prices come down a bit. smile

The black betty is gonna be awesome I got to use some of my samples last winter and they are cool

full-2263-23621-13images014.jpg

full-2263-23622-13images028.jpg

+1, after looking through their HSOforum, they have some pretty interesting stuff out on the market, can't wait to give it a try.

full-9342-23660-wide1.png

Basically a Fatfish version of a flip up. Not a bad idea. Less weight gain for the room gained.

Sold!!

Ive been wanting and waiting for a replacement for my Clam Pro and here it is!

Insulated fabric, wide front area for electronics, heater, bait and max lines down, yet still light enough for us hand-pullers.

Hope it comes down to $300 at the ice show!

I'm also interested in Frabill's Multiplier fly reels and tip up with the built-in line counter, but I'd prefer a simpler mechanical version of a line counter tip up.

Clam issues were resolved coming into last year. The only retailers who saw any problems were those who had carry-over product from the year before (namely bad hardware). The issues have been fixed and are in the past. Clam has put their gear through rigorous testing the last couple years and nothing leaves the warehouse unless it's built tough.

A lot of R & D is done in the off-season to ensure the quality is to everyone's standards. The entire line-up is constantly being upgraded to improve performance. Clam truly listens to the consumer and puts forth the effort to make sure problems don't repeat. The proof is in the sales and Clam out-sells the competition 7 to 1, so if there are even minor problems it seems more prevalent because of the volume sold. Working retail the last 6 years (and selling all the brands) I can vouch for this 100%.

I know you will see that this year's line-up from Clam will once again be nothing short of amazing. It will be a great year for ice fishing!

Definately some neat new stuff coming out this year, but nothing I really need. Bought some new stuff last year, so pretty much set. I do like the LX-6 as it looks to be not so big like the LX-7, but has the same features. I'm sure I will buy a few more tungsten jigs this year, as I found out they do work nice in the smaller sizes. Any new jigs or lures coming out this year?